Mobile - AL area

Thread: Mobile - AL area

Mobile - AL area

I'll be down for my cousin wedding on 8/3/08. We'll be staying for a day or 2 after that. Is there any fishing spot around that area? Prefferred the salt. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Craw
    I have family in mobile too

There's piers called dolphin island and cedar point both are nice but DIP is sitting in the gulf ....I 've caught some nice spanish, bull reds and spotted sea trout off the pier ...Cedar point has the doormats and white trouts

Once you jump on the dolphin island pkwy cedar point pier will be on your right if you cross the bridge dolphin island pier will be on your right also if you go left there's a Fort ...the ft gave me a bunch of white trouts.

Good luck !!!!!!!!

reply to Dauphin Island question

The pier at Dauphin Island is open but is useless because all of the water is gone due to Pelican Island shifting. You can surf fish there. Cedar Point pier is located at the foot of the Dauphin Island bridge. You can catch a lot of fish at times and you don't need a license to fish on it but they charge $5. Speckled trout,white trout,redfish,flounder,sheephead andblack drum can be caught at this time of year. Hope this helps.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll check out the piers when I get there.