2 (pieces)
    50 (line)
    6-16 (lure)
    1.085 (butt)
    10 (tip)
    12 7/8 (weight)
    $306.00

Quote Originally Posted by basstardo View Post
    You sure about that? The tip on the Lami is a 12 and the Mudhole blank is a 10.
    Well I was sure but now I'm not so sure....I haven't built one for several years but when I first purchased a Mudhole 1502, I commented to the salesman that the specs for the Mudhole and the Lami were identical. He chuckled and said "Well, there's a Very, Very good reason for that!" leading me to believe they were the same. I just checked the specs now and I see there are some differences so maybe they changed something.

Dunno, but bottom line is that I wouldn't hesitate to build another Mudhole 1502. They are an excellent heaver especially if you don't have the arse to bend some of the other popular heavers.

The lsb1502mh looks, feels, and casts like a lamiglass....all without the high price tag and life time warranty. But hey, how many times do we break our rods? It's worth it trust me. I casted mine last weekend it it is a light weight heaver that I would be comfortable casting all day long with out the fatigue.

Just know that both pieces aren't even, but it's okay by me as long as it casts well and fits in the car.

"Just know that both pieces aren't even,"

This blank sounds like it might work for me. How long is the tip section?

Got the MH blank

The butt has a barcode sticker with this on it: GSB 150 2MH, which is Lami's number. And it has a handwritten sticker with MH's number LSB1502MH. Looks like a Lami to me.

Blank has about a 1/2" down curve. Tempted to wrap it with the spine down (curve up) as that would be straighter. Dunno, hafta ponder this for awhile.

Oldschool: Tip is 90".

BTW, a #10 top fits loosely so I think I'll nip an inch or so off.

"Oldschool: Tip is 90" "

Thanks SteveZ.

I love my CTS!!

I love my RS 1569's. Great surf stick!

Don't forget to take a hard look at the AFAW 13' beach..................... It is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

so how far can a mudhole/lami 1502 cast?

i mean,, ive been looking to replace my OM12CPSc sooner or later..

or should i just stick with the CPS for now.

next pure fishing heaver i get, i plan to either get it/ or wrap it spiral.

The 1502 will cast on par with all of the top shelf heavers. This is the number 1 rod sold at the red drum. The guys using them at cpae point, when you could get out there are getting incredible distance.

They will cast as far as the casters technique reel, and conditions will allow.

well i know i can cast far hence why i ask,
    cant find or feel these blanks up here in NY as most shops dont carry them. :sad:

what kinda action is the rod?

thru action slow big C bend?

or a mod-fast j bend?

loong slow bend. it makes it easy to load but the way you talk ooeric, me thinks it wont be enough for you. it throws great though.
    hope to see you in a few months steve

ehh, so its a big slow C bend, not much difference from my big bait OMCPS12c then. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ooeric View Post
    ehh, so its a big slow C bend, not much difference from my big bait OMCPS12c then. lol
    I think you'll find it softer than the OM, while they are nice sticks, they are a tad bit shy overall in the power/distance spectrum. Very nice to play a fish on tho. And easy to load for those that aren't big hitters.

She's on the dryer...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZ View Post
    Blank has about a 1/2" down curve. Tempted to wrap it with the spine down (curve up) as that would be straighter.
    Wrapped it on the straightest axis which is almost exactly opposite of the spine. I'll let 'er set up a few days & then see how she throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf Cat View Post
    I think you'll find it softer than the OM, while they are nice sticks, they are a tad bit shy overall in the power/distance spectrum. Very nice to play a fish on tho. And easy to load for those that aren't big hitters.

egaads! then i guess ill just finish flocking my butt on the OMCPS12, then. maybe fish it for another year.

i like to slap the dally out of rods

Final report

I like this stick! She throws great. The MH1502 blank seems a bit stiffer than the RS1502. This could well become my #1 rod. I ended up with exactly what I was looking for and at a very good price. Can't beat that...and I know I'm gonna catch a lotta big fish on this stick. That's what it's all about.

Hope to see ya all on the beach come drummin' time.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZ View Post
    I like this stick! She throws great. The MH1502 blank seems a bit stiffer than the RS1502. This could well become my #1 rod. I ended up with exactly what I was looking for and at a very good price. Can't beat that...and I know I'm gonna catch a lotta big fish on this stick. That's what it's all about.

Hope to see ya all on the beach come drummin' time.
    you always catch the fish

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneChoe View Post
    you always catch the fish
    SOMETIMES I catch the fish...

I knew you'd like it Steve. It's a nice light outfit but still capable of some heavy work.

I'll be around on AI the week of the Harbor Tackle Red Drum tourney. Maybe I'll see you then.

So where's the pics!?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightload View Post
    I'll be around on AI the week of the Harbor Tackle Red Drum tourney. Maybe I'll see you then.
    I'm gonna come up about the 22nd & fish for 3-4 weeks. You know what my beat up old truck looks like...sorta like me.

As for pics...nothin' to see. I hate bling so wrapped it black on black...bmnag 30-25-20-16-16-16 with a 16 top...cork tape...plain fuji graphite seat...rubber butt cap ground down. Not a bit of color or glitz on it. My kinda stick.

I dunno if this thing throws so well because it is a lami/mudhole or because I wrapped it upside down. Al Goldberg has an article on SOL where he talks about wrapping opposite the spine for better casting. I dunno, but it does throw nice. What Lightload sez about this blank is right on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12