what are the laws on fishing under lesner

Thread: what are the laws on fishing under lesner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

what are the laws on fishing under lesner

I am coming down to lynnhaven and want to fish under the bridge, what are the regulations as far as anchoring, or is it smarter to get on the bank?
    I read where people are getting tickets, what is that for, I do most my kayak fishing on the james river.

you can not launch inside the bridge but you can on the outside. anchoring on the inside is prohibited and you have to give way in the channel. i am sure there are other considerations.

ken c

I am going to be fishing in Lynnhaven on my yak pretty much all weekend. If you are looking to go out there are better places then under the bridge. Hit me up and I can probably show you around a little.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ovsurffisher View Post
    I am going to be fishing in Lynnhaven on my yak pretty much all weekend. If you are looking to go out there are better places then under the bridge. Hit me up and I can probably show you around a little.
    OV, I will be out with the wife on the Blue Whale (Tandem Blackwater) fishing the marshes and the 757. If ya see us, say hey. And like OV said, there are much better places (and safer) than under the bridge. If you want to fish under the bridge, you are best to do it from a Boat or Shore unless it is slack tide. However there are places back in the inlet that are much safer and produce just as good if not better fish. Hell I saw a dude pick up a nice cobia back in the channel by the tennis courts last year. Reds abound throughout the inlet. Croakers are like roaches and are everywhere. Flatties can be found back in the inlet (saw some near the island in front of Bubba's a few weeks back). I have heard of Striper back in the inlet. I have caught Black Drum back in the channel near the pilot boats. Hmmmm I think that covers it. But surfice it to say, the feesh are all over the place. Head on back and give it a shot. If you see me back there say "Hi". Will be in a tandem blackwater.

Thom

great info

thanks for all the feedback and I hope to see some of you out there. i got a lot to learn about all hot spots. thanks again.

The way that current sometimes whips through the bridge...well, if anyone wants to anchor there...can I have your stuff?

Joking aside, there used to be a sign there listing the numbers of people that had drowned there. It can be a dangerous spot. Not to mention anyone who DID anchor would just be a target for the beach casters....

If you go under the bridge, watch out for runaway barges.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfva View Post

Joking aside, there used to be a sign there listing the numbers of people that had drowned there. It can be a dangerous spot. Not to mention anyone who DID anchor would just be a target for the beach casters....
    I keep a few 4oz slammers around for this specific reason..

play nice everybody..

To answer the question:

Anyway, has anyone caught any fish this week?
    I caught an oyster toad....at the end of little creek jetty last night before the front chased me home.

I got other things to contend with on the water rather than cast and fight with others. Retalliation would be nice but im not about to kill or injur someone over a fish or a spot to fish. Like to give the benifit of the doubt to everyone even boaters that get to close...maybe the motor died..maybe the current is ripping..anyhow theres alot of water out there to fish and wont kill me to move 10 feet or cast to another spot. Seems everyone these days are eager to kill each other over the simplest things....so quick to pull a gun or in this case lead..ugh just fish