Pier and Surf Forum banner

Hurricane Isabel page

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Pauky 
#1 ·
I'm working on putting together a Hurricane Isabel page that will show the damage to all the piers in Virginia, North Carolina and Maryland.

Please send in any pier photos you have taken so I can pull all this info together in one place.

#5 ·
Greetings All!

From MD DNR:

Hi Joe,

The next update to the fishing report is scheduled for Oct. 1st although I will probably post information when we have a better assessment. The State has just begun to assess the damage to fishing piers and shore erosion. What I can tell you are that all State parks are closed at least until the state of emergency is lifted, possibly longer for some parks. The worst hit were Sandy Point, Janes Is, Assateague, Point Lookout, and Gunpowder’s Dundee Creek Marina. Updates on state facilities will be posted off the main website at http://www.dnr.state.md.us/

Sincerely,

Angel Bolinger

Maryland Dept. of Natural Resources Fisheries Service

#6 ·
Okay Flea I emailled you 8 pictures taken two days apart. One view from the pier north up the boardewalk toward the houses by the b&b. This was taken Friday morning right after the thing hit. A couple others show the pier with water washing over it.
Enjoy.

G
#8 ·
pics

sand flea,

I have a couple pictures of the hurricane that come my way; they are not of the destruction, but of the hurricane from a distance. Actually, they are two nice pictures that portray its beauty.

I’m sure you’ll eventually see them as they propagate the Internet.

Let me know if you’re interested

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.