#1 · (Edited)
The Official Spring Fling 2008 Thread

#396 ·
I'll save spots at SPSP for

a dozen blood worms,
1 bottle of gatorade
2 beers, cold
and one foot massage

oh yeah and you have to bait all my hooks while there.

Deal?

#405 ·
I can't believe nobody has said anything on this thread in over 48 hours!!! :eek:

#407 ·
good Question.. I think it will be so crowded that everyone will see what you catch... So no room for lying..

#409 ·
I'm going to put up a post on big fish handling procedures right before C&R begins so everyone knows how to get that baby back in the water unharmed.

With that said, I don't think there's a need for anyone to bring a tape measure or anything silly like that. The cow I pull in will clearly be the biggest of the day. :D :D

#412 ·
I was talking to Ghetto Mail Man, and he made a great point. We need to watch out for the lurkers. For every one of us planning to go there is probably 2 of them.. Since money is involved we may want this pool only be open to P&S member (and guest) only... Limit the funny business

#414 ·
Don't remember if this has been covered before but I was wondering about the current at SPSP and how much wieght is needed to hold bottom. As I've said I've never fished here before but the only thing that's sticks in my mind is the snag monster and it's appetite for lead, hooks and rigs in general. How much weight do you use when fishing there. Will 4-6oz be OK or do I need to stock up on 8s.
Another question, I know that plugs are usually not productive during the spawning run but does anyone throw any Dannys or Pencil Poppers. I'm gonna bring some of Smitty's plugs down for Steve and I just in case. Whatcha think?

Thanks for the help, Philly Jack

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

#416 ·
Sometimes 8 wont hold... I would plan on casting between 4-6nbait. Your beach will handle anything from 5-8nbait..

Philly alot has to do with how the current/tide is running at the time ... could be anywhere between 3-8 ....

casting plugs that day will probably get you alot of crossed lines and dirty looks ......

#418 ·
Surfchunker, sorta figured that about the plugs. From the sounds of things there will be a bunch of us there. Rather make new friends than use new plugs anyday.

kmw, it'll be my 1st time using the beach and I'm kinda concerned about using such a long rod for the 1st time in a crowded area. I will have my OM along that I used several times last year as well as a couple of Ticas. The Ticas kinda max out at 6.

I will be bringing my plugs along for the 2nd leg of thr trip down to OBX. Steve and I will be leaving the Fling and headed south that evening. Forget where we're stayin but then we're fishin' OBX Sunday afternoon, Monday and Tuesday. Headed back to Central PA Wednesday.

I want to thank everyone for making us feel so welcome to join you. I know that Steve feels the same without asking. We just need that pool money to pay for our meals after we pocket the $ and head south.

Philly Jack

#419 ·
Ditto on the feeling welcome...

As to taking the money and running... I can't get too greedy - picked up $220+ at the slots in AC this weekend ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.