Gonna be a awesome weekend
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gonna be a awesome weekend

Gonna be a awesome weekend

This is gonna be an awesome weekend i got 4 days off in the middle of striper season, money, bait, beer, and and a fresh bag of some serious doobage!
    It's playtime baby!

Today hit the Brig surf two casts into it was full of weed and fed up tijme to move. Headed down to AC jetty but still it was too rough water really murky and was busting off too many rigs time to go.

Checked out Brig Bridge 11-2. tog were bitin. Got a 18" the guy next to me got like the biggest tog i ever seen 22+ inches other than that all i caught was a skinny winterr flounder

Not a bad day and three more to go. Least i broke the skunk. The quest for Mr. Striper will continue tomeoorow

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bassZooKa View Post
    This is gonna be an awesome weekend i got 4 days off in the middle of striper season, money, bait, beer, and and a fresh bag of some serious doobage!
    It's playtime baby!

Today hit the Brig surf two casts into it was full of weed and fed up tijme to move. Headed down to AC jetty but still it was too rough water really murky and was busting off too many rigs time to go.

Checked out Brig Bridge 11-2. tog were bitin. Got a 18" the guy next to me got like the biggest tog i ever seen 22+ inches other than that all i caught was a skinny winterr flounder

Not a bad day and three more to go. Least i broke the skunk. The quest for Mr. Striper will continue tomeoorow
    What is a serious bag of doobage? I like to call it fine imported tobacco!

That's for

medicinal purposes right???????

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

it's a local term for uhhhh... trail mix

Quote Originally Posted by rgking03 View Post

What is a serious bag of doobage? I like to call it fine imported tobacco!
    RASTA FISHERMEN!!!

LOL guys
    why, thats gotta be that flora imported from Amsterdam.....and i don't mean tulips!

good luck fishing basszooka!

BIG stripers in the surf in Brig today. Seen a few 20 pounders pulled out/Got myself a 29" on clam around 11:30 am. 1st of the season for me tried for tog later on off Brig jetty but reel died on me. I was tired anyway. Nice conditions to be be surf fishing today due to off shore wind and only light weed, and lots of fish bein caught. Awesome weekend so far just like i predicted.

I was out on the T-jetty yesterday at the same time and didn't see one thing pulled in on my side.. Using clam and fresh bunker. My dad wanted to walk out to the Brig Jetty but I was not up to it.. We left and headed to the Longport Jetty until around 10pm with only a few hits on the bunker.. The water seems to be carring alot of sea grass. Maybe sometime this year my dad will get his fish!!

Tight Lines
    Rich

Great job so far and you won't have to worry about glocoma with all that medicine. ? from an old guy-where do you fish Brig Island? I remember when north of the Seahourse pier was wide open. Sure that's changed alot. Last time there was about 1968. Bad day, boat went out the closed inlet, rolled, I personally pulled a guy in, he didn't make it.
    Still I would like to try that area again, caught my biggest flounder there near the old coast guard station in Starns inlet. Philly Jack
    Last edited by Philly Jack; 11-24-2007 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Jack View Post
    from an old guy-where do you fish Brig Island?
    The surf..

I fished the north end (14st North) on Saturday from 6:00am-11:30am caught a small skate and not another bite. I didn't see anyone catch a thing. Even the trash fish or bait stealers were no show. I then tried 14st South from 2:00pm-5:00pm, not even a tap and didn't see anyone pulling in anything, but it was a beautiful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Jack View Post
    Great job so far and you won't have to worry about glocoma with all that medicine. ? from an old guy-where do you fish Brig Island? I remember when north of the Seahourse pier was wide open. Sure that's changed alot. Last time there was about 1968. Bad day, boat went out the closed inlet, rolled, I personally pulled a guy in, he didn't make it.
    Still I would like to try that area again, caught my biggest flounder there near the old coast guard station in Starns inlet. Philly Jack
    Brig is popular these days because they allow beach buggies. i vaguely remember the seahorse pier or at least what was left of it when i was a kid. Now there are 0 ocean piers in Brig. Town's changed a lot. And my cataracts seem better lately, thank you for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFish View Post
    The surf..

I fished the north end (14st North) on Saturday from 6:00am-11:30am caught a small skate and not another bite. I didn't see anyone catch a thing. Even the trash fish or bait stealers were no show. I then tried 14st South from 2:00pm-5:00pm, not even a tap and didn't see anyone pulling in anything, but it was a beautiful day.
    yeah i got skunked yesterday too. i was off 3rd north 9-12 and like u said not one tap. Later tried Brig bridge and the inland water way behind AC and nothing. Don't know why it turned off the temps reached freezing overnight and the water was also real murky.

Took the day off today. Anyone do anything?

Sorry to hear that conditions were no good for both of you. Are there any affordable charters or headboats out of Brigantine at this time of year?

We'll, FB, looking at the heavy boat traffic, I'm sure there are plenty of charters out there. Not sure about party boats though.

Quote Originally Posted by bassZooKa View Post
    It's playtime baby!

Nice report ... I fished under the bridge a little last fall and it was just eels, but the water was still warm.

Hey, is doobage anything like fishbites? That comes in bags too

BassZooKa,

You heading out this weekend around Brig?

not sure what the bite will be like but i will definitely be givin it a shot. Just hoping the fish are still around, i been out a couple times after work this week and haven't had a bite. Might head town to Cape May if there's no local action.

Went out this morning off surf in Ventnor no bites fished Brig North end around 12 -- 1:30 nothing no bass no skates, sharks or even seagulls tried to take my bait. I never seem to do well high tides off the surf. Didn't see anyone else hook up either though i heard they were hooking up earlier this morning at the south end.

down here in the carolina's we call it

WACK-KEY-TO-BACK-KEY.

Nice report.

speaking of doobage...i got a funny fishing story involving it. i was at a favorite spot of mine fishing in my favorite state of mind...when a gentleman from DNR sneaks up on us(never ever saw one there before)....being a C&R only guy, and very much an animal lover i have nothing to worry about from him...wrong. i left the bag in the tackle box. he opened it and there it was clear as day.....he says "well thats not what i was looking for, have a good one." and that was that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Metallica20687 View Post
    speaking of doobage...i got a funny fishing story involving it. i was at a favorite spot of mine fishing in my favorite state of mind...when a gentleman from DNR sneaks up on us(never ever saw one there before)....being a C&R only guy, and very much an animal lover i have nothing to worry about from him...wrong. i left the bag in the tackle box. he opened it and there it was clear as day.....he says "well thats not what i was looking for, have a good one." and that was that. lol
    He looked in your tackle box ?

Doobage and Fishing

It appears to me that people who smoke weed and fish lack the ability to finish high school and properly spell the word "striper"...I can't count how many times I've seen the work Stripper on pierandsurf...

Work

see what I mean? "work" instead of "word"...too much weed, fishing, and strippers...

Quote Originally Posted by camellos View Post
    see what I mean? "work" instead of "word"...too much weed, fishing, and strippers...
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Metallica20687 View Post
    in your tackle box did you tell him it was a buzz bait

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast