fishing done for couple weeks

Thread: fishing done for couple weeks

fishing done for couple weeks

Lost one dog couple weeks ago and was walking behind her sister in hallway when the sister collapsed. I tried to jump over her and being barefooted kicked the door facing. I broke the smallest two toes on my foot. I went to the doctor and they just taped it and said that that really was all that they could do for a toe. I have broken a lot of bones but have never had anything hurt worse.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

So sorry to hear about your wee little toes John. Hope they heal quickly. So how is the dog?

Broken Toe

Dang I feel your pain!!!! When I was young I was running thru the house barefoot when I caught my middle toe and it folded under and I stepped on it!! The pain was unbelievable!!
    I cried and cussed loudly. It was some kind of broken. The Dr just taped it to the toe beside it and said it would heal.

A few years later I was at the swimming pool. We was playing a game called Gater. I ran across the cement and went to jump in except I stumped the same daum toe on the brick lining around the pool. There was a blood trail thru the water to my broken and bleeding toe. I cussed and limped home. This time I taped it to the one beside it and limped for a while.

That toe never healed correctly. I can take it and pull it back and lay it on the top of my foot. I don't think the bone healed back. Not sure but it is messed up. You can't tell by looking at it but when you wiggle it around you sure can.

I cringed when I read your post. I do feel your pain!!! Happy healing!!!

Darin

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Hope you get back to fishing real soon!

Broken toes suck. Got my "ring" toe busted up and a friend tried to "pull" it back into place. Yeah . . . we're not friends anymore

guess you zigged when you should have zagged & now the little piggies cry "wee...wee...wee" all the way home---sorry to hear about your injuries -- stubbed toes are bad enuf, but broken
    hope your tootsies are feeling better soon!

As my friend's immigrant parents like to say, "That is the sucks."

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMD View Post
    So sorry to hear about your wee little toes John. Hope they heal quickly. So how is the dog?
    Really showing her age. I had to build a ramp so she can get in and out of the house. The rear deck has some steps and this is the only way she can get in and out. I do not expect her to live much longer. I will get another female lab though/

My black lab was put down this summer because of the same thing. His back legs kept giving out and he could climb stairs anymore. Although, unlike you, I'm not planning on another one for now.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreamer View Post
    Lost one dog couple weeks ago and was walking behind her sister in hallway when the sister collapsed. I tried to jump over her and being barefooted kicked the door facing. I broke the smallest two toes on my foot. I went to the doctor and they just taped it and said that that really was all that they could do for a toe. I have broken a lot of bones but have never had anything hurt worse.
    Went to DR wednesday and found out that toe was definitely broken and had several bruises on the ankle.
    Got out a brace that I used when I broke the foot a year ago and it feels okay so I just might go to the wall at PAX NAS saturday night. Neighbors want to go so we probably will I am going to pour a couple tongue sinkers tonight.
    From what I hear from the guys that fish fromboats there the fish are really biting.

its the drought... fishing is good this year in cheasapeake.