Brigatine Pier report - 8/5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brigatine Pier report - 8/5

Quote Originally Posted by mmichaud4 View Post
    HEyyy Just because we are south of them doesn't make us hillbillies!!!
    Thar ain't no hills in thar NJ. Jus sand and people.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fishbait View Post
    Oh no!!!! If I even talk about getting too much ice, we usually get skunked.

Haha...That is exactly what happened to me..lol

Well either way

You all got an open invitaion to come to the Dogg Pound. Fish or BBQ don't matter to me.

I am just dying to throw plugs and BA's at bigger blues and stripers. Since that big jack almost spooled me, I have only caught little blues and spots.

I fished that pier last August and we got a mix bag of black sea bass,blues,flounders, and some skates. That area to the right definately has some potential. While we were there we saw 2 people setting the rods along the banks. Definately would be a good idea to wade in the water.

We rented out a pontoon boat from Conways the day after and had a blast with some mix catches, blues being predominent. Their boat rentals from what I remeber was dirt cheap. If you have a full day of fishing I would suggest going to Conways and renting a boat and fishing the back bays. You are allowed to venture out to the pier but cannot pass the bridge. All there rods and reels are 10% off, that is where I got the Penn Captiva for a very good price. They have all assortments of dead and live bait.

I fished the inlet from a kayak with a few others on Sunday. Got on the water around 6:30ish. Early on snappers were busting spearing on the surface. We were on our way into the lagoon to get some bait and headed toward the bay. We made a few drifts and had robins or small seabass a few guy made it back to Absecon bay and worked there way back but had no luck with the weakfish that they were into heavily the day prior. I stayed in the inlet and kept hooking up with robins and seabass till about 10. I did have two tb flounder in that time. After 10am I tried for some more snappers but there was so much spearing every were birds did not indicate feeding from below. I did get a few. I took lunch on the beach near Harris. The rest of the day I had nothing but robins so I made my way back across the inlet around 3pm to head for home.

Side note: the boardwalk behind Harris no longer has a fence under it. With out the AC pier and the Harris marina/fishing pier the stretch is not as protected as I remembered it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12