What happen to CDL? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 121

Thread: What happen to CDL?

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    301
    For the rest of us how many of us really have personal issues with this man?
    kmw21230,
    I would like to answer this question.
    I have never fished with CDL, but have spoke/emailed him in the past. About 2 years ago, I was in the market for a new surf rod. I somehow stumbled onto CDL's knowledge on surf rods, and took most of his advice into consideration. Heck, we even conferenced a call with Huntsman regarding surf rods. (Have never met Huntsman) CDL was always generous with his knowledge, as well as allowing me to borrow his 12' Ocean Master for the weekend...(never even met the guy till this point, and he let me borrow it). That says a lot right there about a person!
    I am not up to date on what you guys are talking about, so I am at a loss of words there.

    If someone did/does something wrong, they deserve punishment.
    If someone did nothing wrong, they deserve to fish!

    I enjoy reading and learning from others...its what this forum and life is all about

    Bryan aka: campNfish

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,177
    Good Lord!!!! Drop a phone in a lake, lose connectivity for 1 day, and all the sudden, all you Moes come out of the woodwork. Y'all better play it cool our you're gonna get a blue crab shoved up your scupper hole.

    F&C, congrats on hitting 1000 posts! I'm right behind you!

    Quote Originally Posted by bivalvebill View Post
    I think the driver of the benz is a wanna be rapper.
    Here is the F&C rap. Trust me, I hear him singing this under his breath all the time:

    Once upon a time,
    I cast out a line.
    The fish wouldn't bite,
    Maybe the tide wasn't right.
    All I do is wait,
    Maybe I'm using the wrong bait.
    These fish are not too bold,
    Maybe the water is too cold.
    FB caught his limit
    Why can't I get one, dang'namit
    All I ever wanted is a fishie in the cooler,
    I guess it ain't gonna happen,
    until I get a smaller ruler.

  4. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    1,318

    Well

    Quote Originally Posted by kmw21230 View Post
    We all know of CDL, but how much of this is follow the leader? We all know Huntsman made he issues public, and that his business. For the rest of us how many of us really have personal issues with this man? I've been on this board for a year now, and not until huntsman's post did it become painfully obvious that so many of you guys had so-called personal issues with L. I've heard the stories of Grandstanding, poaching, stealing, non-payment, but has he personal offended everyone one this board? If so why does he seem to have such a great turn out for his casting clinics? I'll admit the man's a Character, but I can't say I dislike him. He has done nothing to me. Not trying to start anything; just stating my observation. I hope we as men have decided something individually, and not decided to follow a trend.



    ~Walker
    NO TREND HERE. I POSTED WHAT HE DID TO ME. THAT RIGHT THERE SAYS ALOT BOUT CHARACTER. HE CAN HAVE ALL THE CLINICS HE WANTS DOESNT STOP A PERSON FROM BEING WHAT HE IS. AND THAT SIR IS MY OBSERVATION

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    301
    ...what he is?
    What are the secret facts here? There seems to be a lot of encrypted messages goin on here

  7. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    448


    Good Ch!t

    Tiny

  8. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanorosz View Post
    ...what he is?
    What are the secret facts here? There seems to be a lot of encrypted messages goin on here
    IM NOT TYPING ALL THAT AGAIN YA WANNA KNOW THE FACTS LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE READ UP LOL CHECK ARCHIVES I WASNT STATING THEM BECAUSE THE MOST OF THE FOLKS HERE KNOW BUT MR WALKER ASKED AND I WANTED CLARIFY.

  9. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    301
    IM NOT TYPING ALL THAT AGAIN YA WANNA KNOW THE FACTS LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE READ UP LOL CHECK ARCHIVES I WASNT STATING THEM BECAUSE THE MOST OF THE FOLKS HERE KNOW BUT MR WALKER ASKED AND I WANTED CLARIFY.
    Ok, well since I have no clue as to what to search for...can anyone fill me in? "Most of the folks here know" ... but what about the other folks?
    This thread is like trying to find out facts on Area-51!

  10. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    LancasterPA & OCM
    Posts
    1,594
    If you find the correct website on Area-51 then you will find out the complete story. I have been unable to locate the site but have been told that it's out there. A friend, who must remain anonymous, discovered that CDL used to work at Area-51, where he helped develop surf-rod like devices that made use of braid-guided sputnik shaped "neutralizers" for bringing down UFOs.

    Today's braided line and sputnik sinkers were comercially developed sometime after the secret plans were stolen by undercover agents posing as WBB fishermen at a lake adjoining Area-51.

    So, it is true, distance cannot be bought, but it can be developed by the CIA

  11. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    the 757
    Posts
    8,390

    3 pages.....I will never get back

    and still no closure....bout as bad as a David Chase last episode....

    Wonder if Flea will bust out the blank page




  12. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    north beach, md usa
    Posts
    2,044
    Never met the man. Was going to attend one of his seminars but it did not pan out.

  13. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    LancasterPA & OCM
    Posts
    1,594
    Sorry, I couldn't resist added to the "humor" after reading the 3 page thread only to mumble to myself WTF

    I was drawn to the thread by the lenght of it, figuring CDL was posting a great report, like he used to, and that lots of folks had comments on it. After reading the thread carefully, I was left with ... well, nothing

    CDL, if you're out there ... hope you are well and no harm intended ... oh oh, they've come to take me away for outing a former agent ............................................................................................................

  14. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    448
    This is a test of the Emergency Alert System. This is only a test

    This is a coordinated monthly test of the broadcast stations in your area. Equipment that can quickly warn you during emergencies is being tested. If this had been an actual emergency such as Huntsman actually giving us the info we have been waiting for, official messages would have followed the alert tone. This concludes this test of the Emergency Alert System

    Tiny

  15. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    301
    The comedy is needed Fishhead, cause no one seems to know about this other than the Govt!


  16. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    If you find the correct website on Area-51 then you will find out the complete story. I have been unable to locate the site but have been told that it's out there. A friend, who must remain anonymous, discovered that CDL used to work at Area-51, where he helped develop surf-rod like devices that made use of braid-guided sputnik shaped "neutralizers" for bringing down UFOs.

    Today's braided line and sputnik sinkers were comercially developed sometime after the secret plans were stolen by undercover agents posing as WBB fishermen at a lake adjoining Area-51.

    So, it is true, distance cannot be bought, but it can be developed by the CIA
    Sir, I am going to need you to look closely at this red light that I am holding up.

  17. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanorosz View Post
    Ok, well since I have no clue as to what to search for...can anyone fill me in? "Most of the folks here know" ... but what about the other folks?
    This thread is like trying to find out facts on Area-51!
    if we told ya wed have to kill ya!

  18. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    301
    ...I'll just chalk this one up to


  19. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    1,318

    do what

    Quote Originally Posted by bryanorosz View Post
    ...I'll just chalk this one up to

    u will lol we know the truth.

  20. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    301
    What is with all of the "we?"

    Its funny...all this supposed talk about something that has happened, yet no one has the bucktails say something!

  21. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by Its funny...all this supposed talk about [I
    something [/I]that has happened, yet no one has the bucktails say something!
    Preach on

    Tiny

  22. #70
    This is a giant conspiracy!!!!! I demand a full refund!!!!

    hehehe, it's funny how people are getting worked up because no one will tell them "the story". Maybe it'll be one of those stories for the Farewell Dinner for Huntsman . . . there are gonna be a lot of characters that night!!!!! I can't wait.

  23. #71
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Spotsylvania, VA
    Posts
    4,457
    Is this the marketplace fiasco or some other story?

    I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!

  24. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    448
    For $3.26 per person I will pass over all the information I have heard.



    Here is some entertainment till the main feature begins

    Jean Girard: My name is Jean Girard and I am a racing-car driver just like you except I am from Formula Un. I am the greatest one in the whole world. I have been following your career with great interest, Monsieur Bobby.
    Ricky Bobby: I can't understand a word you've said the whole time.
    Cal Naughton, Jr.: Did you eat some peanut butter or something?
    Ricky Bobby: Yeah, you sound like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of your mouth
    Jean Girard: I think what you are hearing is my accent. I am French.
    Ricky Bobby: You say you're French?
    Jean Girard: Oui.
    [sounds like 'We']
    Ricky Bobby: We? No, we are not French. We're American, because you're in America, okay? Greatest country on the planet
    Jean Girard: Well, what have you given the world apart from George Bush, Cheerios, and the ThighMaster?
    Ricky Bobby: Chinese food?
    Cal Naughton, Jr.: Chinese food.
    Jean Girard: That's from China.
    Ricky Bobby: Pizza.
    Jean Girard: Italy.
    Cal Naughton, Jr.: Chimichanga.
    Jean Girard: Mexico.
    Ricky Bobby: Really, smarty-pants? What did French land give us?
    Jean Girard: We invented democracy, existentialism, and the blowjob.
    Cal Naughton, Jr.: Those are three pretty good things.
    Ricky Bobby: Hey.
    Cal Naughton, Jr.: Well that last one's pretty cool.

    Tiny

  25. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    301
    Hmmmm...
    One gallon of gas, or information.
    I think I'll be stopping at the gas station tonight!

  26. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    LancasterPA & OCM
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by fingersandclaws View Post
    Maybe it'll be one of those stories for the Farewell Dinner for Huntsman . . . there are gonna be a lot of characters that night!!!!! I can't wait.
    Wow, speaking of Huntsman, this thread may surpass the "farewell to Huntsman" thread in the number replies and views pretty soon

  27. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    301
    ...how bout the weather!?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •