panama city report:last week

Thread: panama city report:last week

panama city report:last week

i just got in from my trip. im headed back in 3 weeks and cant wait. the sand fleas were all back from the sand pumping, and here is the catches: 30+ ladyfish, 30+ spadefish, 2 blacktips, 4 rays, 1 mangrove snapper, 10ish remora things, 3 bluefish, 1 sand shark, 2 pompano, 1 whiting, and catfish. not a bad week compared to the previous trips. the ladyfish were hitting all day at st. andrews pier on everything from spoons to gotchas to pomp jigs. tons of fun and cant wait to head back

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

sand fleas?

Where were you finding sand fleas at? Were you catching all this at the jetties or along the beach? If so where at and what were you using?

the sand fleas were in the sand lol. no seriously tho, they were all at the waters edge at sunset and sunrise. i caught about half of this in the surf near regency towers at that little public beach access entry place and the rest i caught off of the st. andrews pier. it was the spades and some of the ladies that i caught off the pier and the rest was caught in the surf. i caught the ladyfish on silver crocodile spoons for the most part with a few coming on a pompano jig. the spades were just cheap fishing with shrimp around the pier pilings. the sharks were caught on pieces of ladyfish and the pomps were caught on sandfleas. the rest were caught on cut up cigar minnows
    Last edited by bcssux; 06-05-2007 at 12:08 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

its good to hear that life is coming back to the sands of PCB ,,,, sounds like you had a good trip.... Did you night fish any down at the jetties?

naw never did, just couldnt get around to it. ill try it when i go back tho. is it any good?