Lake Charles Report

Thread: Lake Charles Report

Lake Charles Report

well two mostly disappointing days on the coast
    (hardhead, after hardhead after hardhead, only one decent hook-up snaped the swivel *SIGH*) my daughter and I headed for some backwater flats near the intercoastal and was pleasantly surprised to have some nice action....... Several keeper flounder and more juvie redfish on the flyrod then i could count WOOOOO HOOOOO Stuffed flounder tonight. Weather forcast should be good the next couple of days will be headed back for more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

That stuffed flounder sounds good
    How is that Crawdad harvest going? when I was there durring spting break they were hauling them in like no tomorrow. MMMMMMMM!!!! Stuffed flounder and Crawdads!!!

I want to visit!
    Tight lines and God bless

The Creawfish are awsome, come on anytime camp on the cajun riviera and catch bull reds I'll meet you there

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish713 View Post
    That stuffed flounder sounds good
    How is that Crawdad harvest going? when I was there durring spting break they were hauling them in like no tomorrow. MMMMMMMM!!!! Stuffed flounder and Crawdads!!!

I want to visit!
    Tight lines and God bless

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

say fly

that sho do sound good crawfish,stuffed flounder mmm mmm. What exactly do you stuff it with?
    Just curious because i've had lots of flounder but never stuffed. have ya guys ever tried battering your reds or striper's in mustard, just slice your fillets into cubes and dip them in the mustard,fry and enjoy.

thats pretty interesting........i can honestly say Ive never heard of that before.....might have to give it a try

When I fry fish I usually soak the fillets in beer and mustard, batter them, then drop them in the hot grease. It sure comes out good!

there are lots of options for stuffing flounder, but my favorite is a premium smoked bacon and shrimp, I have also used smoked brisket, when I occasioned to have it...... damn that was goooooooooood... You can also use crab, pineapple, mango the fruits are good too.

I like the mustard and beer batter for the reds as well, have never had sriper. But I also like to soak my red cubes in pineapple juice for a couple hours then beer batter them.

I tried a recipe with strawbery daquiri marinade once too, it was ok, but i coulndt get past the fact that I would rather drink the daquiri. Beer isnt like that.

Quote Originally Posted by nine ought View Post
    that sho do sound good crawfish,stuffed flounder mmm mmm. What exactly do you stuff it with?
    Just curious because i've had lots of flounder but never stuffed. have ya guys ever tried battering your reds or striper's in mustard, just slice your fillets into cubes and dip them in the mustard,fry and enjoy.