Nathan at Pachery, The 19th

Thread: Nathan at Pachery, The 19th

Nathan at Pachery, The 19th

After fishing the beach on the 18th and dealing with all the weed we deceided to fish the Pachery Channel South Jetty.
    The weed was still in the first gut. A lot of Pony Mullet on the beach side of the jetty.
    We started with live shrimp under a popping cork and Nathan caught his first Trout. After about 30 minutes he caught his first Redfish(undersize). If you ever had to tell a four year old you have to throw it back because it was to small, you can only imagine the look on his face . I explained that we have to let it go to grow bigger so we can catch it later. He reluctantly said okay.
    The long rods with baited up with cut Pin Perch and live Mullet and catching Bonetheads and one Blacktip. About 4:00pm the Mullet and birds really started to get working at the end of the jetty beach side. My Uncle-in-Law was the first to get bit on a slidelined mullet and then cut off by the rocks. My Father-in-Law was next(5 minutes). When he picked up his rod it started screaming. That fish ripped off 75yards in a heartbeat. He was on the fish for only a couple of minutes when the 80lb leader came back with no hook and a straight cut.
    After about 30-40 minutes. I saw a Jack boil the surface. I screamed at my Father-in-Law "Did you see that!"?. About 30 secounds later My LD-X was screaming. I handed the rod to Nathan, he made a run to the beach. With a little help from Dad we finally got this one landed.
    We were 1 for 5 on those fish. The bite slowed and Nathan was bugging Dad to put a mullet on his Ugly Stick. I said sure, what could happen?? I put a 1/2oz sliding egg sinker, 50lb leader and 3/0 circle hook. We walked out on the jetty rocks I casted 20 yards and got bit and handed the rod to Nathan. He fought this fish with everything a four year old could muster. It turned out to be a fat 25" Red!!!! He was smiling from ear to ear...
    Here are some pictures from "Nathan's" fishing day....

P.S. Thanks for the Mullet, Mando......

Nathan on the Jack...

Nathan's first Trout

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Nice report,I'm going to have to add Texas as one of my to visit and fish spots.

Man, that is beautiful. Quality family time spent with your son. Way to go!!! And a great report too!

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Great trip. Props to Nathan on his awsome catches (nice red) You are lucky to be able to get out so much. I'm dyin for my next trip I'm gonna hit PINS and probly Horrace Caldwell pier pretty soon if i can get out of the house.

in the mean time catch one for me. Tight lines and God bless

On the Coast...From St. Simons Island to Vilano Beach.
    Buhda, my hat's off to ya, keep it up, and you can be sure that Nathan is one little feller who will grow up into a fine man. His enthusiasm for fishing makes me all warm and fuzzy with every pic you post.

This is what P&S is all about!

Preach it brother

nice report.

way to go nathan,good job budha keep up these awesome reports.