Corpus/ Port A Report

Thread: Corpus/ Port A Report

Corpus/ Port A Report

the fish are bighting right now on the Texas coast but I wouldn't advise doing any surf fishing unless you like catching sargassum. your best bets are the Jetties, Piers and the shipping channel they are catching lots of sheepsheads on cut shrimp by the piers and on the channel side of the jetties and some specks and bull reds on the surf side of the jetties. off the end of the piers they are catching some decent Spanish macks burning diamond jigs.

in the bays they are catching some good specks, and reds using trout maulers and D.O.A. shrimp still no flounder.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Nice to meet ya cat, I fished the coast line Sat, Mon and Tue with just the worst weather and tides, all I managed were a mess of hard heads and a couple of small drums. the tide was movin 8nbait faster then I could drive to texas. Still better then sittin in the house

Nice to meet you too! Anything is better than sitting at home even if the fishing sucks it is better than sittin around doing nothing. when weather is like that i pack up and head to town. i usualy go hit up the tackle shops or check out the deep sea charters and party boats coming in.
    they always seem to bring back something interesting.

See ya later
    Tight lines and God bless

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Hey catfish

how far away from port arthur are you?

No not Port Arthur. I was talking about Port Aransas just north of Corpus Chrisit. I live just north of San Antonio so it takes me about 2 hours to get there.

I was just in Lake Charles durring spring break. I was dying to hit the water for some catfish but I didn't have time. We got togeather with some family (my moms side) and came back home.
    Last edited by Catfish713; 04-12-2007 at 01:23 PM.