Getting a DC Non-Resident License

Thread: Getting a DC Non-Resident License

Getting a DC Non-Resident License

I am getting ready for the striper run up the Potomac in an effort to avoid dropping huge ammounts of cash on gasoline this spring, and low and behold, Dicks Sporting Goods in Fairfax) (which is listed as a DC license vendor on the DC Game and Fish webpage) refuses to carry them anymore. There is only one other vendor in VA (way down near woodbridge) listed on their website, and only one in NW even borderline close to where I live. I can't even get someone to pick up the phone at the DC office. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

fish without a license. even if you get caught it will probably end up costing you less.

Quote Originally Posted by trapd_ice View Post
    fish without a license. even if you get caught it will probably end up costing you less.
    Hey French, if you do what he said, you risk a nice fine and losing your gear. Just stop by Fletchers in DC and pick up a license.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I was not planning on breaking the law. I called Fletchers earlier...sounds like they are still closed.
    I would hate to have to spend my entire spring throwing BA's at the footbridge in Occoquan

They'll open up sometime in early March for the White Perch and Stripers and well before the Shad run. You can get it there.

sorry dude wasnt trying to get u busted. just lived in dc for a while and found it easier to not engage in their shenanigans. sometimes it pays to fly under the radar. othertimes you will get shot down.

never fished dc waters knowing i needed a dc license. ironically when i found out i needed dc license it just happened i never fished it again. coincidentally.
    Last edited by trapd_ice; 03-07-2007 at 05:02 PM.

The DC fishing license has always been a hit or miss thing . Some years , Fletchers has them , some years they haven't been able to procure them in a timely manor . This is all because effin' DC is a piece of chit ! When you have mayors that want to have their picture on the friggin' thing , it takes time !

French
    Go to the harbor patrol in SW you can get a license there.