Ever skip lunch to save money for bait on the weekend?

Thread: Ever skip lunch to save money for bait on the weekend?

Ever skip lunch to save money for bait on the weekend?

Did you ever skip lunch in order to save your money for bait on the weekend. The irony of the situation is that you are keeping food out of your own mouth in order to put food in a fish's mouth in the hopes of catching something that will go back in your own mouth.

It's a pretty absurd trade-off, but I do it all the time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fishbait View Post
    Did you ever skip lunch in order to save your money for bait on the weekend. The irony of the situation is that you are keeping food out of your own mouth in order to put food in a fish's mouth in the hopes of catching something that will go back in your own mouth.

It's a pretty absurd trade-off, but I do it all the time.
    Not for fishing, but there were times
    when I was a lot younger and dumber
    when I would buy 20 packs of ramen
    noodles and that is all I had to eat
    for a few days.

Did you ever skip lunch in order to save your money for bait on the weekend.
    Nope, NEVER!! Me and my fishies gotta eat!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Not for bait but I'll choose to buy a pack of cigarettes over lunch if I only have a couple bucks on me.

Come on guy . . . I've seen your garage FB . . . I say you sell a couple rods/reels/toys and you'll be eatin' good everyday

i saved up my lunch pennies to buy my lady her shiny stone...

I should preface the above statement by saying that in no way have I been starving and I have the belly to show for it. But, my wife gives me a fixed allowance, so I got some constraints too. Lunch downtown costs me about $10 to $20 a day from my allowance, so skipping it makes my bait money add up fast!

... But, my wife gives me a fixed allowance, so I got some constraints too. Lunch downtown costs me about $10 to $20 a day from my allowance, so skipping it makes my bait money add up fast!
    Ok Boyz .... he is gettin an allowance from his wife ... are we gonna let that go ...

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus-x1 View Post
    Ok Boyz .... he is gettin an allowance from his wife ... are we gonna let that go ...
    haahaa... good one. shoot, for me I buy what I want and when I want. Only everything gets delivered to my work...

Cyg, I'm the Captain of my own ship. As soon as the Admiral (wife) says I can set sail, I call all the shots!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSalt View Post
    i saved up my lunch pennies to buy my lady her shiny stone...

You cannot talk...she had you whipped
    before you even got married!
    Giving up food for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Talapia View Post
    You cannot talk...she had you whipped
    before you even got married!
    Giving up food for her.
    thats true, but I didn't go hungry. I resorted to peanut butter sandwiches... too many pennies for that stone.

No food for you!

As the saying goes, which I found to be true, "If momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy"

As the saying goes, which I found to be true, "If momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy"
    Amen to that !!!

isn't it funny that when husband get an allowance, it's $10-20 a day, but when a wife get an allowance, it's lot more than that.

That's why you get a joint account and then get a personal expenditures account for your own.

How true, how true! Exhibit A: I just bought a 2000 Jeep (XJ) Cherokee off Ebay (4X4, 89K miles) and I didn't tell her about it until 2 hours before it was to be delivered . It was delivered the day before Valentines too ! Haha, she was pissed I didn't tell her the day I purchased it, but she soon realized that I wasn't going to bend and simply resell it because she was mad . It appears all will be fine, unless this is just the calm before the storm

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane44 View Post
    How true, how true! Exhibit A: I just bought a 2000 Jeep (XJ) Cherokee off Ebay (4X4, 89K miles) and I didn't tell her about it until 2 hours before it was to be delivered . It was delivered the day before Valentines too ! Haha, she was pissed I didn't tell her the day I purchased it, but she soon realized that I wasn't going to bend and simply resell it because she was mad . It appears all will be fine, unless this is just the calm before the storm
    They never, ever forget.

This issue will be revisited someday when you're vulnerable.

But you've got to be your own man, and take your lumps when necessary.

Pay back can be a b!tch so don't be surprised if she orders a 10 ct diamond off ebay for her birthday using your money

you got momma mad... haahaa. You must now go and do something that will make her feel special. If you got no pennies to buy her something shiny, write her a letter and mail it to your own house. This will appease momma for now. If momma is really upset, I suggest two front assault. Write her a letter and buy her something shiny.

Congrats on the XJ. There are quite a few XJ owners here. You can add 'Club XJ' to your signature to show some XJ pride!! Great little 4x4.

Thanks for the reminder SeaSalt, forgot to add the Club XJ signature, its there now. What I need now is to convince the wife I need a roof rack, front hitch receiver, one of those sexy front racks, new blacked out rims/tires and monetary support for many summer trips to the beach! Wish me luck, none of the above will occur for a long time Oh well, at least I can still make it out on the beach for