small craft advice?

Thread: small craft advice?

\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n kosta\r\n \r\n
\r\n kosta is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n

\r\n small craft advice?\r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n I finally got a small boat registered and ready for chasing bass and muskie in the lakes & reservoirs. Its a light 16ft, with only a 101lb etm for now (due to reservoir restrictions).
\r\n
\r\nI\'m not sure if this is even realistic, but is there anywhere within an hour of baltimore that would be safe to put such a boat in to fish for stripers? it would obviously need to be relatively calm water, and somewhere that I could fish in close proximity to the ramp. I hope to eventually get some horses for it, but this is it for now.
\r\n
\r\nI appreciate any advice you guys can offer; I am new to this.\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; pd[184742] = '\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n rattler\r\n \r\n
    \r\n rattler is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n Registered User\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n the thing with a small boat in salt is the weather may change fast...i would not feel safe in a boat with a trolling motor only...in a lake you just head for the nearest shore...in salt you only have 1 shore...get a 10-20hp gas motor...and a life jacket...jmo
    \n\r
    \n\r
    \n\r
    \n\r\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[184803] = '\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Dae\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Dae is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Go to Liberty or Pretty boy reservoir. You can catch some lunkers over in Liberty. I wouldn\'t hit the bay with an electric motor.
    \r\n
    \r\nIf you gotta hit the bay, go up to the Flats on a weekday and you can launch from Tydings havre De Grace and fish just outside the marina. Just don\'t wonder away and stay close and remember it\'s only C&R up here. BTW, still don\'t recommand it even though I would have done it myseld years ago. These days, I\'m not as nutty as I was during my younger years.
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n- Dae\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[184930] = '\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #4\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n crappietracker\r\n \r\n
    \r\n crappietracker is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n Registered User\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n i agree about the electric only. also about going to liberty, the only problen with liberty is that it has zebra mussells and you have to have a sticker that you get from the office by the dam. when you have that sticker, if you get caught anywhere else with it on your boat, hefty fines! one of the other places you can go is to piney run in eldersburg. god striped bass to about 12-16 lbs and the average bass is about 2.5-3 lbs(seen plenty of 7-8 lbs pulled out)! it also has tiger muskie that can be caught in the colder months. hpoe you find a good spot. tight lines.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[185038] = '\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #5\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n kosta\r\n \r\n
    \r\n kosta is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n thanks dae... i think I may check it out. I\'ll be fine if I stick close to the marina.
    \r\n
    \r\nCrappietracker... I am very anxious to fish Piney Run, Rocky Gorge and Tridelphia. That is one reason why I\'m not anxious to commit to the restricting permits that come along with fishing Loch Raven, Liberty and Pretty Boy quite yet. There are also some small lakes and creeks that I am familiar with on the eastern shore that I want to hit for bass and pickerel.
    \r\n
    \r\nOne question regarding reservoir permits though; Cant you fish all three (Loch Raven, Liberty and Pretty Boy) as long as you have a permit for each? it was my understanding that you can fish all three of those as long as you dont put in anywhere else.
    \r\n
    \r\nBy the way, Loch Raven has been pretty good to me this year! Just fishing from the shore i have landed quite a few nice 3-4 lb bass. actually, one evening i took 8 healthy fish in one hour. They all hit the rapala "slash bait"; a shallow running, suspending crank with a bucktail. buit wait.. im not supposed to post about that here, am i \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[184673] = "185114,184742"; pn[0] = ",184673"; pn[184742] = "184673,184803"; pn[184803] = "184742,184930"; pn[184930] = "184803,185038"; pn[185038] = "184930,185114"; pn[185114] = "185038,184673"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[16556] = "kosta"; pu[14039] = "rattler"; pu[11506] = "Dae"; pu[16880] = "crappietracker"; pu[13411] = "catman"; pu[11815] = "rockhead"; // -->

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

small craft advice?

I finally got a small boat registered and ready for chasing bass and muskie in the lakes & reservoirs. Its a light 16ft, with only a 101lb etm for now (due to reservoir restrictions).

I'm not sure if this is even realistic, but is there anywhere within an hour of baltimore that would be safe to put such a boat in to fish for stripers? it would obviously need to be relatively calm water, and somewhere that I could fish in close proximity to the ramp. I hope to eventually get some horses for it, but this is it for now.

I appreciate any advice you guys can offer; I am new to this.