Pier and Surf Forum banner

avon /rodanthe

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  in2win 
#1 ·
will be heading down to avon or rodanthe in two weeks (depending on the reports).are the drum showing up in good numbers yet?

#3 ·
Going after drum in Avon / Rodanthe

chris storrs said:
will be heading down to avon or rodanthe in two weeks (depending on the reports).are the drum showing up in good numbers yet?
Lucky you! We were in Rodanthe last weekend, hoping for drum, and we had a blast, both my husband and I catching our first. The Avon pier was closed last Sat. night due to some damage from the strong surf the day before, so we fished Rodanthe. Quite a few nice drum were caught that day and night. The same happened the next day. Check out the fishing reports daily for all of the piers. Before we went down, I was checking the posts daily for Avalon, Rodanthe, and Avon piers, as well as for Hatteras Jack. If you need the links, let me know. Also, check out the pictures I posted in the Photo Gallery of the drum caught at the Rodanthe Pier.

Before heading south, we had been to Sandbridge, and although the drum were slamming the pier, it was a madhouse there, unlike the Rodanthe Pier.

Things couldn't have worked out better for us when we were there ... fished the middle section of the pier first for spot to use the spot heads for our drum bait. They seem to like 'em fresh! ;)

I hope there's a big red drum down there with your name on it! :D

#4 ·
Nana2One said:
Lucky you! We were in Rodanthe last weekend, hoping for drum, and we had a blast, both my husband and I catching our first. The Avon pier was closed last Sat. night due to some damage from the strong surf the day before, so we fished Rodanthe. Quite a few nice drum were caught that day and night. The same happened the next day. Check out the fishing reports daily for all of the piers. Before we went down, I was checking the posts daily for Avalon, Rodanthe, and Avon piers, as well as for Hatteras Jack. If you need the links, let me know. Also, check out the pictures I posted in the Photo Gallery of the drum caught at the Rodanthe Pier.

Before heading south, we had been to Sandbridge, and although the drum were slamming the pier, it was a madhouse there, unlike the Rodanthe Pier.

Things couldn't have worked out better for us when we were there ... fished the middle section of the pier first for spot to use the spot heads for our drum bait. They seem to like 'em fresh! ;)

I hope there's a big red drum down there with your name on it! :D
You were lucky enough to get in on the "ground floor" as did I on Avolon,with the word out it,and numbers get up,it WILL Be like Sandbridge,no doubt.. :rolleyes:

Glad to see ya got into em,Nana,but the numbers aren't here just yet,a few around but no blitzes yet.. Told Clyde ya put his "mug" into the photo upload,he didn't care,just wanted another last night... :D BTW,saw ole Russell snuck into one of your photos as well.. :D Fished many yrs with Russell,MOST EXCELLENT FISHERMAN.. We fished last night as a matter of fact,no bites,but lots of freinds around enjoying planker fishin at it's best..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.