Replacing smooth handle on Daiwas sealine?

Thread: Replacing smooth handle on Daiwas sealine?

Replacing smooth handle on Daiwas sealine?

I bought a daiwa sealine x boat (SLEB7-1HR) rod online and didn't realize that the new models have what they call a "quick grip Smooth handle" which is a low friction handle in place of the standard foam grip (it's a hardeneed solid plastic material)which is suppose to slide out of the rod holder easily. I'm going to use this rod for casting and jigging so I want high friction. I'm thinking the easiest option would be to get a rod wrap to go over the existing handle. Is this rod wrap any good and do u think that it would be the best option? http://shop.mudhole.com/s.nl/categor....A/id.13662/.f
    If I could figure out how to remove the existing handle that may be more ideal because I think that the handle is heavier than normal handles. There is a sticker taht was put on the handle which gives a warning about lead so maybe the handle has lead in it which is IMHO stupid for a handle b/c that's going to make it heavy. The handle is pretty tough so I'm thinking that removing the handle w/o damaging the rod is going to be tough, but any ideas are appreciated.
    Anyone out there use this rod or this kind of new daiwa handle?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

the warning is for the sinkers you will use...try friction tape...