Pier and Surf Forum banner

35x12.50r20 air pressure

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Jwalker 
#1 ·
Any of you folks running 35x12.5r20s? If so what air psi are you running on the beach? I was wondering how low you could get safely without breaking the bead

#2 ·
start at 20#. there's free air in most places near to ramps. Don't corner hard or do over 50 mph on the highway till airing back up. It's not that you can't drive with packed tires on the beach. It's just harder on your transmission and creates a washboard effect for everyone to drive through. If you ever slam your head into the roof or spill hot coffee on yourself where it bounces out the cup holder, you will appreciate airing down. Most people also get stuck on the ramp because they didn't air down. makes ramps harder on everyone else to get on and off if you've dug a hole on it.

#4 ·
Thanks to both of you for the info! I wasn't sure if I could that low or not. Btw, I really dislike the 20s as well. I'm offroad a lot during hunting season here in the mountains and I'm always scared I'm going to bust a wheel on a rock. I hope to change to 17s or at least 18s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.