Pier and Surf Forum banner

Aegean tandem ocean kayak

Question: 
5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  greg12345 
#1 ·
Have a chance to get a good deal on an old Aegean tandem ocean kayak. Anyone have any thoughts? Quality? Pros, cons, etc. would mostly be using on calm sounds, saltwater creeks and marshes, and some saltwater rivers to island hop in the Low country. Thanks so much

#2 ·
I haven’t used one before. Would this be your first kayak? If so, a good deal might be the ticket if your trying to decide if you like kayaking or not. Just riding around or fishing? The only thing I can say is for fishing or extended time in a kayak you really need good quality seating. Mine has the Element Seating System which is awesome. Making hours in the seat very nice.

#7 ·
I have an ocean kayak malibu 2xl and other than a seat that is somewhat uncomfortable after a while it is a good yak, tracks quite well and paddles well either solo or double. Tracks similar to by 12ft jackson cruise which is a good yak. Doesn't track as quite as good as my tarpon 120 but not many yaks do. Fish out of it all the time with my wife or kid(s) and have been pleased.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.