WOW! Best yellow perch I have ever seen 1-25-20

Thread: WOW! Best yellow perch I have ever seen 1-25-20

WOW! Best yellow perch I have ever seen 1-25-20

Last edited by andypat; 01-25-2020 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Did it wrong. Will try again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Name:  2020-01-25.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  21.7 KB

You're going to need a bigger bucket Andy.
    Last edited by catman; 01-25-2020 at 04:27 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I've caught bigger!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmanindc View Post
    I've caught bigger!!!!!
    WHAT! Bigger then 5, 6, and 7 Lb yellow perch. maybe if your from that area.

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    WHAT! Bigger then 5, 6, and 7 Lb yellow perch. maybe if your from that area.
    Them some mighty large Perch, must be another subspecies. Never even heard of anything close on this side of the Pond.

I did catch a Yellow Perch around 2 pounds forty some years ago in the Occoquan. They had drawn down the water and the river was more like a Creek, this was around Lake Ridge. We caught big Pike, Big Largemouths, Big Crappie and some fish, likely either a Pike or Giant Catfish kept breaking me off in one certain eddy. If it was a catfish it was either a Channel or a Flathead. This was around 1974. It could have been a Pike, the Virginia State Record Pike was caught in the same vicinity.

The Blue Catfish was not around then. I first started seeing the Blue Catfish in the late 1980's in the Potomac fishing for Rockfish in the Spring with cut Herring.

We fished exclusively with live Shiners 5"-6" Long. Because the water was drawn down so much the fish were concentrated in a small area, it was like shooting Ducks in a barrel.

Every time I drifted a Shiner into this one eddy, it would be blasted and my 15 pound test line went Pop every time, I was more of Rookie back then, still remember it well, a friend I worked building railroad bridges with showed me where and how. His name was Jim, likely he is gone now, Jim was 20 years older than me, he was really too old to be doing the work we did as concrete form carpenters. I was 22 years old.
    Last edited by Garboman; 01-26-2020 at 04:42 PM.

Hot Ditch ??