Jet Turbo Motor On My Yak

Thread: Jet Turbo Motor On My Yak

Jet Turbo Motor On My Yak

Ok I know I will probably get some criticism on my new setup but I like it, and thatís what counts. I decided to mount a 3HP Jet Turbo ďThe CutĒ motor on my Ocean Kayak. I mainly fish the bays at the coast and some of the places I fish are a good distance out and now that Iím turning 55 I get worn out faster now. Anyway, I made a custom motor mount and used yak attack rails with backing plates for strength. Iíve tried it out so far in fresh water and all works great. Iím still breaking in the motor with a 25:1 oil mix so thatís why itís smoking the way it is. https://youtu.be/0SBwAC0jYIU

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Looks good. Be sure to let us know how it performs for you.

Thanks rdbjr for the reply. Will do. Canít make it back to Hatteras until April but looking forward to it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

That's a sweet setup. I hope it serves you well!!

Thanks

I'd love to see a video of it running out on the water. I can think of some shallow seaside bays where that might be just the ticket!

Next time I take it to the lake I will get a video and post it. I plan to take it back to a fresh water lake once more to get through the 25:1 oil break-in period before I take it to Hatteras in April. Thanks for the interest. Just waiting for a day in the 50ís.

Cool video!

Videos from today!

My wife and I took our kayaks to the lake today. Finally got up to 55 degrees. Still going through the break in of 25:1 so still smoking on my 3 HP Jet turbo. Decided to pull my wife around in her kayak. Motor did well. https://youtu.be/eDW-Tl4K3hA. https://youtu.be/foMsBc_i3S4

how fast can it go?

Iím not sure but even pulling my wifeís kayak it was clipping along. Sure will save me a lot of energy getting to my distance fishing spots. The second video shows me pulling my wife in her kayak. First video is me just puttering around.