Freshwater Report: Fat Bass

Thread: Fat Bass

Fat Bass

First decent fish of 2020. Caught on an Eastern shore farm pond. Only 15" but weighed out at 3#.
    He ate a Texas rigged Yamamoto 5" watermelon red flake Senko. The pickerel were biting real good too.
    Name:  IMG_20200111_115134622_HDR.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  204.1 KB

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Nice bass! How about this warm weather. I hope it last a few days. Was it windy where you were fishing? I had a hard time with the wind this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    Nice bass! How about this warm weather. I hope it last a few days. Was it windy where you were fishing? I had a hard time with the wind this morning.
    Thanks Andy.
    Yeah, it was crankin' out there.
    Fortunately I was able to position myself with the wind to my back making for long casts. Although my braid was getting blown all over the place once I hit my target.
    Pretty hard to throw a low profile casting reel into the wind without getting severe backlash and wind knots.

Also nailed a huge fat 24" pickerel up at "the lake". Wasn't able to land him on the dock without a net for pictures...darn!

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CYT View Post
    Thanks Andy.
    Yeah, it was crankin' out there.
    Fortunately I was able to position myself with the wind to my back making for long casts. Although my braid was getting blown all over the place once I hit my target.
    Pretty hard to throw a low profile casting reel into the wind without getting severe backlash and wind knots.

Also nailed a huge fat 24" pickerel up at "the lake". Wasn't able to land him on the dock without a net for pictures...darn!
    I hear you about the pickerel. I've been hooking a few also at the lake. The bass are hitting real good. Now I know the lake is loaded with bass. Catching a load of baby bass, along with a few good ones. Can't make up my mind where to go fishing this morning. Bass, crappie, or yellow perch. Life of a fisherman is not easy.

Nice fish!

These winter bass are big ones.

Boy talkin' 'bout a fish with some shoulders!!!! Nice bass Cali.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Boy talkin' 'bout a fish with some shoulders!!!! Nice bass Cali.
    Well Well Well, look what the wind blew in.

Glad to see you back on the forum Nick.
    Where you been?

Quote Originally Posted by CYT View Post
    Well Well Well, look what the wind blew in.

Glad to see you back on the forum Nick.
    Where you been?
    I check the forum everyday, just don't post much anymore. Now that I really don't fish anymore (health reasons) I have nothing worthwhile to contribute. Guess you can call an arm chair fisherman. As long as folks like you, Andy, Judy and a few others keep posting I'll keep lurking.

Come on Nick, I know you can make it out to the West Coast to fish King's, Halibut and Lingcod one last time...