Pier and Surf Forum banner

Buxton NC New Years Report

Surf Report: 
1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  captmikestarrett 
#1 ·
This year the wife and I headed down to our Happy Place Buxton NC for some surf fishing. We planned to stay 7 days and it was some nice weather. 73 during the days and 63 at night. We fished the Point south side for a while with no bites the first day. Report showed ramp 55 had sea mullet so we headed down there. Nada so we came back to the Point and caught dogfish the rest of the evening. Monday we stopped at Orange Blossom Bakery and got some ugly apple and hand pies. Headed to the Point and got into big sharks. The big one my wife handled wonderfully. The little one was mine. Pizza for dinner from Angelo's and some pinball fun. Tuesday we tried a few spots down ramp 49 and once again ended back at Point for some blowtoads and doggies. Wed was a late start after a late night. Doggies and gorgeous weather again for us.

Thursday and Friday we kept saying we are going to fish the Jetties but never did. Stayed at the Point and had three run offs from big sharks. Saturday it rained hard on our exit from Happy Place.

Capt Mike

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.