Question: Lawrence Lewis Jr. Park

Thread: Lawrence Lewis Jr. Park

Lawrence Lewis Jr. Park

Anybody fished the fishing pier there? Do big blue cats live in the river around this area, and would they be reachable from the pier in winter time?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I've never fished there, but have fished around that area and Hopewell from boat. Some of the largest blue cats in the state come from the Hopewell area of the james river. I would give it a shot.

i fish that pier we call it 618 and yes big blue cats and lots of bait if you use cast net

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jamesriverrat View Post
    i fish that pier we call it 618 and yes big blue cats and lots of bait if you use cast net
    any suggestion on where holes are off it? Think I may give it a go over the holidays, if I can't find anyone that's going toging.

any suggestion on where holes are off it? Think I may give it a go over the holidays, if I can't find anyone that's going toging.
    I wouldn't waste my time there. Charles City is a long haul from Hampton. I would go to James River Bridge pier. The reports say catfish are being caught there now. Also, you wouldn't find much bait to catch with a castnet this time of year at the LL Jr. pier, but I have seen and caught bait there in the warmer months. I'd say if you go, go no sooner than next Spring.