Hellow from fl.

Thread: Hellow from fl.

Hellow from fl.

Hi guys. Third day in Venice FL and no fish yet. We got a damn red tide. My Brother In-law caught a snook this morning and lost a very big fish we didn't see. Broke his line. It is gone to be tuff with this red tide. I don't know how to send pictures on this lap top. Might have to save them until we get home. Weather here is sunny and 78 degree. How is the weather in Md.?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Cold snap today, Andy. We were supposed to have a late morning snow flurry, but I didn't see any flakes.
    Hope the red tide goes away and you can do some good fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorge View Post
    Cold snap today, Andy. We were supposed to have a late morning snow flurry, but I didn't see any flakes.
    Hope the red tide goes away and you can do some good fishing.
    Upper 30's with flurries at noon in Annapolis.
    Weather notwithstanding I would have gone to FB marina for the high tide at dawn today but I am down with a cold.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Hang in there Andy and enjoy the weather!!! It seems like the red tides are occurring more frequently. I fished Sanibel Island August 2018 and encountered a red tide. Tons of dead fish everywhere! I had to drive down to Marco Island just to find clean water to fish.

Good news is I fished a few places on the beach and didn't cough or smell red tide. Also good news is a man fishing close to me caught five drum with frozen shrimp while sitting on his bucket. I seen every one he caught. So tomorrow I need to get some shrimp and a five gallon bucket to sit on. Yep, gone to put the lures away for now and fish with bait. My Brother in-law is catching some good size snook at EL Jobean fishing pier. I have pictures, but don't know how to post them with this lap top computer. Will have to wait until I get home to post them. More good news is the drum were caught on the beach right were we are staying.

Good luck with those drum!

Andy if those frozen shrimp don't work try live shrimp. I have been on a few trips where live shrimp completely changed things for me. Took my fishing from zero to hero in no time. Good luck and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by brob757 View Post
    Andy if those frozen shrimp don't work try live shrimp. I have been on a few trips where live shrimp completely changed things for me. Took my fishing from zero to hero in no time. Good luck and enjoy!
    I agree with live shrimp. me and my friend caught a lot of fish with live shrimp when I lived in FL. BUT, I seen this guy catch five drum in no time sitting on the beach fishing with frozen shrimp.. I thought I would give it a try. We never ever used frozen any kind of bait. I'm on my way out, so I thought sitting on a bucket fishing with all the work picked out would be nice for a change. Damn, I can't post pictures with this lap top.

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    I agree with live shrimp. me and my friend caught a lot of fish with live shrimp when I lived in FL. BUT, I seen this guy catch five drum in no time sitting on the beach fishing with frozen shrimp.. I thought I would give it a try. We never ever used frozen any kind of bait. I'm on my way out, so I thought sitting on a bucket fishing with all the work picked out would be nice for a change. Damn, I can't post pictures with this lap top.
    End up catching anything Andy?

Quote Originally Posted by brob757 View Post
    End up catching anything Andy?
    We are catching some. I am fishing with my Brother in-law Don. He has caught some good fish, like snook, redfish, snapper, and hooking fish he can,t land on the pier at El Jobeab. El Jobean is too far away for me. We are catching drum, a few pompano, whiting on the beach, and I hooked a large fish, didn't see it, broke my line. Not great action for FL. buy it is beautiful and warm. I might have some pictures to post when I get home. Did you know you can't keep snook, trout, or red fish right now in FL. because last years red tide that lasted all year killed so many fish they shut down keeping some fish.

Glad you're enjoying Florida Andy. We had snow yesterday morning.