Question: OMC Samauri 14'er

Thread: OMC Samauri 14'er

OMC Samauri 14'er

Any of you fine folk had a chance to put hands on the One More Cast Samauri? I'm looking for an interim heaver for the fall trip and didn't want to spend a truckload. I'm planning on building a 13' this winter for next season, but I may grab the Samauri while I'm out there in a week or so. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I have tested the 14', I liked it a lot, got some good distance, easy to throw ... but Too long for me so OMC made a 9' 4" custom with that tip and I like it alot, always on the front of my Jeep.

I was wondering about the 14' being a little long. Longest i've fished has been a 12'6 rod. I do like being able to use it casting or spinning.

I'll be up in Nags Head. Does anyone have them up there, or should I try the shops south?

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

OMC has the rod in 8'6", 9'4", 10'2", 11'6", 12'8" and 14' ...... Teaches Lair in Hatteras has the 14' and the 9'4" in stock ...

The 14' is a little long, but wasn't challenging to throw. 4 and bait goes a looooong way!

Quote Originally Posted by TreeClimber View Post
    The 14' is a little long, but wasn't challenging to throw. 4 and bait goes a looooong way!
    River what is the asking price on the 14'? I only use spinning reels, will that work or is it a conventional rod? What is the oz range 2-8, 4-8, 4-10? Thanks for your time to answer.

I throw a 13'3" daiwa now and I think another 9" will be manageable for me. Thanks again

It retails at 199.00, its spinning or casting ... 2 to 8 oz .. I believe .. real sweet on 4 or 5 but throws 3 nicely .. I never threw over 5 on it ...

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    It retails at 199.00, its spinning or casting ... 2 to 8 oz .. I believe .. real sweet on 4 or 5 but throws 3 nicely .. I never threw over 5 on it ...
    Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it