Question: Ramp 43

Thread: Ramp 43

Ramp 43

Out of curiosity, how far can you drive north when using ramp 43? I noticed a truck in a recent picture in front of the southern most jetty near the old lighthouse. Maps don’t show being able to drive up that far. The truck didn’t have typical national park markings on it, thus, wanted to ask. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by surf_lander View Post
    Out of curiosity, how far can you drive north when using ramp 43? I noticed a truck in a recent picture in front of the southern most jetty near the old lighthouse. Maps don’t show being able to drive up that far. The truck didn’t have typical national park markings on it, thus, wanted to ask. Thanks.
    You can drive about 1/2 mile North of Ramp 43 and then you run into the sign that says NO. But it is farther than you can walk with a cooler and a bunch of rods in the sand so the drive is worth it for a little solitude. Less Big Sharks than the Point area so I prefer it for swimming.

You can not drive to the Jetties.

Bird and Turtle or Maintenance NPS trucks are typically white in color and have no markings other than a small green NPS decal on the cab, some trucks have no markings at all.

Appreciate the response and info. Yep, it was a plain white wrapper.