No more white perch 10-19-19
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: No more white perch 10-19-19

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Venice FL
    Posts
    4,216

    No more white perch 10-19-19

    I was going to go to Tread Avon River for shallow water perch, but it was 34 degree this morning so I'm giving up on the perch until they come up the Marshy Hope sometime in March. So I went crappie fishing and caught a limit of crappie.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Venice FL
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    I was going to go to Tread Avon River for shallow water perch, but it was 34 degree this morning so I'm giving up on the perch until they come up the Marshy Hope sometime in March. So I went crappie fishing and caught a limit of crappie.
    Let me think about this. Just checked the water temp. in the area I fish off the Choptank River for shallow water perch. Water Temp is 60.8. Might have to try one more time, but not this morning. Rain

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    md
    Posts
    2,714
    I don't know Andy. The fat lady hasn't warmed up yet. Don't put your tackle away just yet.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Venice FL
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by TunaFish View Post
    I don't know Andy. The fat lady hasn't warmed up yet. Don't put your tackle away just yet.
    OH I never put it away. I fish all year. You must be kinda new on this fishing forum or you would know. I make reports with pictures all year even with perch laying in the snow. Mid. Feb is good, and Christmas yellow perch, pickerel, crappie, and maybe a bass now and then. If the wind is not blowing it is not too bad. TunaFish, do you give up in winter? I wont be fishing in Nov. and first week in Dec. We will be in Venice FL.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    md
    Posts
    2,714
    Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    OH I never put it away. I fish all year. You must be kinda new on this fishing forum or you would know. I make reports with pictures all year even with perch laying in the snow. Mid. Feb is good, and Christmas yellow perch, pickerel, crappie, and maybe a bass now and then. If the wind is not blowing it is not too bad. TunaFish, do you give up in winter? I wont be fishing in Nov. and first week in Dec. We will be in Venice FL.
    Huh?? I'm not following. You said you are done with WP (due to water temp) and wont target them until next March and I was merely saying it's not quite over yet for WP.

    No, I don't care for FW fishing, so winter fishing is out.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Venice FL
    Posts
    4,216
    I had to try for perch one more time this morning. Read my report. What will you do in winter if your not fishing?

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    md
    Posts
    2,714
    Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    I had to try for perch one more time this morning. Read my report. What will you do in winter if your not fishing?
    I have bunch of winter fishing and non-fishing projects. In the winter, I try to find the time to tie teasers for the following year, service my reels, replenish my tackle, reorganize tackle, etc.. I may build another rod. I never did finish building my grass shrimp net. So, I still have tons of stuff to do for this winter.

    Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    You must be kinda new on this fishing forum
    Been here longer than you Andy. Member since 2001.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Venice FL
    Posts
    4,216
    You got it made. I have to keep fishing in freezing weather. LOL! Looking forward to your fishing reports next year.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •