Glock's Salute to Veterans

Thread: Glock's Salute to Veterans

I don't recall seeing this mentioned before I saw it on Glock's website , I knew they did it last year because when I saw it I asked about it at a Blue Label Dealer , They said they knew about it but you have to ask , The guy later said you have to ask because they make even less then regular sales on it so they don't mention it . Chance to save A LOT of$$ Veterans earned it may as well do it

*During the Salute to Veterans Discount Program the existing blue label qualifications are extended to any honorably discharged, active or retired veteran. You are eligible to purchase one Blue Label pistol through our LE Distributors or Sub-D Dealers from Memorial Day to Veterans Day. A copy of your DD 214 and valid driver’s license or VA card can be used as credentials. Please take your documents directly to a local Blue Label Dealer in order to make your purchase.**

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, I'll mention this to my oldest son.

I had a Glock 22 and a Glock 17.

Glock 22 .40 S&W had a habit of making my wrist uncomfortable after 100 rounds or so. Strangely a 1911 .45 was much more comfortable for me to shoot when going thru several boxes of ammunition. At the time I had the Glocks the ammunition makers had not come out with the more advanced ammunition that has some Police Departments going from the .40 back to the 9MM that they originally transitioned from.

Was thinking about getting another Glock 17 since it was so pleasant to shoot which made it more accurate at least for me.

The Glock 17 I owned was a factory reconditioned gun, that came with a lifetime warranty rather than the standard Glock warranty which I recollect was only for one year.

Anyway I am not a LEO and usually am not in harms way unless I am at the Point. Do not need to have the most powerful gun at the range, I would rather be the most accurate.

My favorite 9mm was actually a S&W Model 59 bought brand new. I also had a mint S&W Model 39. Model 39 had a safety that if the magazine was out the gun could not be fired so along with the limited ammunition capacity led S&W to come out with the 59 and its later cheaper to produce variants. They want an Arm and a Leg for mint Model 59's these days so I guess I will pass unless a bargain comes along.

Got rid of the 59 along with fifty other guns when the Mortgage Business went South in 2008.
    Last edited by Garboman; 09-27-2019 at 06:08 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Garbo, I love my .45s far more than any .40 I have, however i have a model 26 Glock that's a pure joy to shoot. All my carry weapons are single stack 9s or .380. Should "It" ever go down. I only need a couple bullets and five in reserve.

I sold a 5906 earlier this past year since I never used it. It was the next generation after the 59. It could have been yours had I known.. let it go for 400.00

The only Glock I ever owned was a model 29 10mm. It was cool as hell. Kinda wish I still had it.