Lost the best T on the OBX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost the best T on the OBX

Name:  Tater.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  89.9 KB

All these secret spots are now in the drink....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Not totally in the drink,and "supposedly" will be rebuilt with aid of nps.......... An OI captain called me going through Pea Island yesterday on my way to Manteo.. He informed me there were 10 caught that night and he caught three of those.. It is not totally over,but he also told me the folks were still packed in one spot.. Tried to talk the Tater into going last night as it was sw,but he said "no way in hell was he going to be in that mess"...... Guess he kinda takes after dad. Anyway,guess I be under the knife this winter to try and get my right side working again.. As is,can barely handle a light spinning rod.. Or will be lefty forever.. Got a heaver down decent,but spinner has right arm involved in fighting fish a bit more....... Hope you get down a few more times this next year...

If this continues, eventually Jennettes will be the only one standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumdum View Post
    Not totally in the drink,and "supposedly" will be rebuilt with aid of nps.......... An OI captain called me going through Pea Island yesterday on my way to Manteo.. He informed me there were 10 caught that night and he caught three of those.. It is not totally over,but he also told me the folks were still packed in one spot.. Tried to talk the Tater into going last night as it was sw,but he said "no way in hell was he going to be in that mess"...... Guess he kinda takes after dad. Anyway,guess I be under the knife this winter to try and get my right side working again.. As is,can barely handle a light spinning rod.. Or will be lefty forever.. Got a heaver down decent,but spinner has right arm involved in fighting fish a bit more....... Hope you get down a few more times this next year...
    I have yet another of my SurfSticks on the rod machine for a redu............got a few more old sticks that I will rebuild over the winter, mostly Cobia Sticks and such. I will be all Spiffy in the Spring

Pic of Tater was on the end of Avalon, could not find any of me on Avalon as my Pictures would have been taken pre-Facebook, I came across it the other day, he looks just like his Mother.

Get that Knee rehabbed so that I can go up against Team Wilson again, I have one question though why is that TomH on Team Wilson? Should TomH be on Team Avalon?

Team Rodanthe has pretty much old folks now.........heard that Stanley has serious Health problems and can barely walk now, lives somewhere down in the Panhandle of Florida with his girlfriend taking care of him.

Hopefully NPS will take the job of a Avon Pier rebuild seriously especially since Frisco Pier got jacked.....

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Kenny and tell Tater to get into the Mix....before the Spineys and SandBars take over

Yesterday got a call,it was se wind and air temps felt pretty good.. I had your old rod and was throwing lefty and soaking bait with no luck.. Watched as "last year's MAN" caught 4.. Told him that my hopes were up that with all the action he was getting,MAYBE one might smell my inside bait... About two minutes later it was on.. Got one on the beach,that was my goal and was happy with that,plus things had settled a bit and no one was getting bowed up as I left... No doubt they gottem good last night as tide was set to arrive late.. This year's "MAN" was driving in as I was driving out,I am sure he had to work yesterday and had just got off.. No doubt they smoked em last night..! Anyway,your old rod fights a fish nicely and is kind to this converted lefty....... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Drumdum View Post
    Yesterday got a call,it was se wind and air temps felt pretty good.. I had your old rod and was throwing lefty and soaking bait with no luck.. Watched as "last year's MAN" caught 4.. Told him that my hopes were up that with all the action he was getting,MAYBE one might smell my inside bait... About two minutes later it was on.. Got one on the beach,that was my goal and was happy with that,plus things had settled a bit and no one was getting bowed up as I left... No doubt they gottem good last night as tide was set to arrive late.. This year's "MAN" was driving in as I was driving out,I am sure he had to work yesterday and had just got off.. No doubt they smoked em last night..! Anyway,your old rod fights a fish nicely and is kind to this converted lefty....... haha
    That particular rod was built at Hatteras Jacks, both Ryan and Jim worked on it. Rod was a custom order with a butt section that had a wrap on reel seat and when it was brand new it was a real pretty stick. I debuted it for Drum on Avalon in Oct. 2004 and some snarky Drum fella came up to me and said that I was copying the Florida Twin's color scheme of Carolina Blue. It was actually a copy of a rod I built in the 1980's for a pin rigging fighting rod. That Florida DrumPro had not yet been encumbered by Family life and he was much more of a presence like every day and night for 70-90 days straight he was the machine I built a Zzplex Heaver in 1992 using the same color scheme of Carolina Blue. I may just build a popping rod this same color scheme this weekend for old times sake.

Before WRI came along and before Penn Fathoms and Seiglers and before Century and CTS, the 2nd gen 1509 was the rod. 15 years ago when I was more in my prime there was a Fall day on Avon when no one had a bait further out than mine and some of the folks who smoke me today were all a bit inshore...the rod resting in the notch on the rail was that same stick you used to put one on the beach last Sunday afternoon, I know that Tater had it re-done and good to hear it is still catching.

Below is this 1509 leaning on the rail by the sink last Drum of the year Avon Pier December 2017. Hope to see more pictures of it in the future around large Drum Found the Picture on Avon's website not sure who took it. I posted it on another thread yesterday but this is about the history of your lefty stick. Get your Knee rehabbed and I will see you in the Spring

Name:  Avon Drum.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  69.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Garboman View Post
    That particular rod was built at Hatteras Jacks, both Ryan and Jim worked on it. Rod was a custom order with a butt section that had a wrap on reel seat and when it was brand new it was a real pretty stick. I debuted it for Drum on Avalon in Oct. 2004 and some snarky Drum fella came up to me and said that I was copying the Florida Twin's color scheme of Carolina Blue. It was actually a copy of a rod I built in the 1980's for a pin rigging fighting rod. That Florida DrumPro had not yet been encumbered by Family life and he was much more of a presence like every day and night for 70-90 days straight he was the machine I built a Zzplex Heaver in 1992 using the same color scheme of Carolina Blue. I may just build a popping rod this same color scheme this weekend for old times sake.

Before WRI came along and before Penn Fathoms and Seiglers and before Century and CTS, the 2nd gen 1509 was the rod. 15 years ago when I was more in my prime there was a Fall day on Avon when no one had a bait further out than mine and some of the folks who smoke me today were all a bit inshore...the rod resting in the notch on the rail was that same stick you used to put one on the beach last Sunday afternoon, I know that Tater had it re-done and good to hear it is still catching.

Below is this 1509 leaning on the rail by the sink last Drum of the year Avon Pier December 2017. Hope to see more pictures of it in the future around large Drum Found the Picture on Avon's website not sure who took it. I posted it on another thread yesterday but this is about the history of your lefty stick. Get your Knee rehabbed and I will see you in the Spring

Name:  Avon Drum.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  69.7 KB
    Yep,that is the rod... Fla guy told me it isn't EXACTLY his colors,but they are close,he and his brother are using the same colors they used back in the 70's.. Tater hasn't redone you're old 09 yet,hopefully in the winter it will be sporting my colors from the 70's... Don't expect to catch as many as then,but I'm not as angry with them as I used to be either.... I think that pic of you is the last time you were down and staying in the rooms?? There is a lot more beach in that pic "pre Dorian" than there is now for sure... Knees are ok,shoulder could be in rehab though.. If it comes out ok,will use that rod for a lefty backup and be throwing my cts...

Attachment 62143 Here is an 80's drum from Rodanthe "you'r old pier"... Note red hair,at the time plenty of it too............... hahaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12