Surf Report: Dam neck beach
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Dam neck beach

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    NORFOLK VIRGINIA
    Posts
    448

    Dam neck beach

    Name:  pompano.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  59.4 KBName:  mullet.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  79.6 KBName:  black drum.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  63.0 KB

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Posts
    2,063
    What flavor of Fishbites is that?

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    NORFOLK VIRGINIA
    Posts
    448
    Crab fishbites, they seem to work as well if not better than fishbite bloodworms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish'n Phil View Post
    What flavor of Fishbites is that?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Posts
    2,063
    In the photo with the drum the Fishbites look chartreuse on the outside and orange in the middle.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    NORFOLK VIRGINIA
    Posts
    448
    Yes they are, if you get them from Ocean's East they are solid, WALMART and AMAZON have the multi colored ones they even have chartreuse bloodworms which seem to work really well for flounder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish'n Phil View Post
    In the photo with the drum the Fishbites look chartreuse on the outside and orange in the middle.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    312
    Nice mix- thanks for the report Nick

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    NORFOLK VIRGINIA
    Posts
    448
    Thanks buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 10NKO View Post
    Nice mix- thanks for the report Nick

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    103
    Awesome, I plan to get out there this Saturday. Nice to know pomp’s are still around.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    NORFOLK VIRGINIA
    Posts
    448
    Good luck, the winds look a little dicey the rest of the week and the tides are not running to my schedule so I probably will not get back out until after the 28th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishlife View Post
    Awesome, I plan to get out there this Saturday. Nice to know pomp’s are still around.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    va beach
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKNICHOLS View Post
    Good luck, the winds look a little dicey the rest of the week and the tides are not running to my schedule so I probably will not get back out until after the 28th.
    those colors got me curious, went on fishbites.com and they even have electric chicken colors, may have to give that a try.

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    NORFOLK VIRGINIA
    Posts
    448
    I went out there this morning from 6 to 8 on the very low end of the incoming tide using my colorful fishbites and managed a 16 inch citation Pompano, they work. Pictures on my new post
    Quote Originally Posted by beachcaster View Post
    those colors got me curious, went on fishbites.com and they even have electric chicken colors, may have to give that a try.

  14. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    88
    Outstanding !!! I love seeing pomp this late in the season.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •