Owning rental in OBX

Thread: Owning rental in OBX

Owning rental in OBX

With this being the third time my family and I have been kicked out due to a hurricane I would like to have more options. I've often wondered what it would be like to own a rental property in the outer banks and have more flexibility as to when I could visit. Anyone here own a rental there or can anyone tell me how realistic it is to accomplish through one of the rental/real estate agencies? I know it can't be all sunshine and unicorns but with a little work is it within reason that a middle class person could accomplish this? I'm completely unfamiliar with all the ins and outs. Thanks, and feel free to move this to another section If need be.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Been there, done that. At several beaches as well. I don't have any now. I pull my camper or rent.......I will just let that say what it needs to. In the end the only person coming out is the real estate agency.......just like it took me 20 years to figure out in drag racing. The track owner or promoter is the only true winner.........

This morning the sound was empty. Now that the eye of the storm has passed and with 15 inches of rain, I would guess that Hatteras island is pretty much under water. I am not sure that I would want to invest in an island property.