Question: Rod transportation

Thread: Rod transportation

Rod transportation

Got a question for the community. I’ve been trying to find better solutions to transport all my rods more securely. I currently have 5 rods that range from 7-12 feet. Eventually it will grow to 8 rods. Does anyone currently have anything for their roof or truck bed? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Lockable ski racks

I use 6'' and 4'' pvc pipe with end caps, put a rag in each end to help protect the tips. You can go as far as putting bubble wrap or newspaper around 2 or 3 places on the rod before putting them in the pipe. Usually have to put some rods in tip first and some butt first. Spinning rods take up more room because their guides are larger. I also run some gorilla tape around the caps just to be safe.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DaBig2na View Post
    Lockable ski racks
    this is the only way to go imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    this is the only way to go imo.
    +2

It depends on how far , How long , In the past for the family trips for a week or two l use a Plano Rod Bazooka( Large) for all the rods and my lockable ski racks to move them around after we arrive . If it's just me and I'll doing a a run to OBX it's the ski rack and the lower half with the reel on in the truck , If the rod has the reel on it in the ski rack I put a cover over the reel so at 70 mph and I hit rain it's not like I'm pressure washing them ,You never want to hit you reel with hard stream of water .