Surf Report: Caution: Dangerous driver at bbnwr!

Thread: Caution: Dangerous driver at bbnwr!

Caution: Dangerous driver at bbnwr!

A certain "N COROLLA" N.C. licence plate late model maroon pickup truck is driving between your rods and the water. I think this alleged driver has been reported before. Do not have evidence so cannot make official complaints yet.
    Moderator: if this is an illegal post please delete
    Last edited by BLACK ADDER; 09-01-2019 at 03:08 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Did he knock down your rods? Was it the guy that use to drive the old green suburban?

No...but he would have if he had anything on the truck. I w a s standing in path with a heaver in my hand yelling and waving...then hours later as I was walking out with my cart, i was talking to lady when HE DROVE BETWEEN US AT SPEED. Almost hit the cart.
    Anyway...there are too many kids on the beach...really scary situation. P.S. will be carrying a GO PRO [or have I Phone ready in the future]

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Unreal, how could someone be so stupid. I will keep and eye out and try to get a tag number. Whenever I am out there I see the three usual suspects coming up from the South or going back in the evening.

Actually N.COROLLA is the vanity licence plate number.

Is ranger Brian still out there? At one time I was positive he had wifi cameras hidden along the beach. You may want to consider digging a trench perpendicular to the surf between you and your rods for safety. Something as deep as a good rut would knock his head into the roof. You have to fill it in when you leave though

Thank you, Benji. I am trying real hard to not escalate matters.It also concerns me that the night drum fishing coming up will put everybody at risk...people that run close to you in daylight are not going to pay any attention to reflective tape.

I fish Carova in the fall. I know rules are different than bbnwr but the hardpack is considered a road on the NC side. My sandspikes are generally in the water where nobody would drive. I park my truck in the middle area to leave the uppper and lower lanes open for vehicles. I set me chair or stand pretty much in the water. If you have your rods set up on the beach, you run the risk of 1. Being warned by the sheriff or 2. Having them run down. I am not saying the driver couldn't be more careful. As far as digging a trench, not a good idea. You guys had to fight for the crappy access you got. Catch em up this fall.

We got a model, a license plate number and at least two witnesses, this does sound like a case of giving the info to the rangers for action.

Quote Originally Posted by savfish View Post
    I fish Carova in the fall. I know rules are different than bbnwr but the hardpack is considered a road on the NC side. My sandspikes are generally in the water where nobody would drive. I park my truck in the middle area to leave the uppper and lower lanes open for vehicles. I set me chair or stand pretty much in the water. If you have your rods set up on the beach, you run the risk of 1. Being warned by the sheriff or 2. Having them run down. I am not saying the driver couldn't be more careful. As far as digging a trench, not a good idea. You guys had to fight for the crappy access you got. Catch em up this fall.
    the only osv access in bbnwr is to park service and grandfathered residents of carova, everyone else walks on. I dont think there is more than 10 people that still have access to the gate that live down there that drive north. I haven't had the time put in to bbnwr the past 2 years, but used to fish it very often. I recall seeing the same 5 people driving, and remember the a-hole in the suburban that would buzz your cart. I'm not suggesting to dig a
    pit where as to hurt anyone. But if you had a few ruts for them to drive cross at the speed they travel, it might slow them down a little. This isn't carova, it's a special privilege that the residents have to use the va gate. Bbnwr is for hikers and people fishing, no sunbathing, surfing, ext, per the posted rules. There was no fight for "crappy" access the people there fishing have. Unless your talking about the night permits during October. Fishing there at night is the reason I believe the ranger has cameras hidden, he told me I needed to leave at midnight not one.... how did he know? One of the ones that had to fight for access to drive is the one that's the problem.
    Last edited by Benji; 09-02-2019 at 11:11 PM.