Surf Report: Dam Neck beach 21 Aug

Thread: Dam Neck beach 21 Aug

Dam Neck beach 21 Aug

Hit the surf from 0430-1030 today and there was tons of activity. It was a little slow starting but starting close to 0700-1000 it was bunker blitz madness! Dolphins everywhere, birds crashing the water and the Spanish and blues were all over them, just pushing them up and down the beach for 3 hours. I got cut off by something unknown, it could of been a dolphin passing through bc they were definitely within casting range, but no idea what it could of been. Soaked cut mullet with no takers. Used the fresh bunker and had some good activity with that but no hook sets. Had something pull drag with bunker bait but again, no hook up. It was a very busy day on the beach with lots of running and sprinting.

1x undersized trout - gold kastmaster spoon
    1x spot - sandflea fishbites
    3x whiting - sandflea fishbites and electric chicken fishbites
    1x small blue - gold kastmaster spoon
    15x bunker - gold kastmaster spoon and pink/white sting silver
    1x unknown - pink/white sting silver - I think it was a Spanish, lost it in the wash along with my lure 😭

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

sounds like a great day and a lot of fun - thanks for the report

Awesome report, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishlife View Post
    Hit the surf from 0430-1030 today and there was tons of activity. It was a little slow starting but starting close to 0700-1000 it was bunker blitz madness! Dolphins everywhere, birds crashing the water and the Spanish and blues were all over them, just pushing them up and down the beach for 3 hours. I got cut off by something unknown, it could of been a dolphin passing through bc they were definitely within casting range, but no idea what it could of been. Soaked cut mullet with no takers. Used the fresh bunker and had some good activity with that but no hook sets. Had something pull drag with bunker bait but again, no hook up. It was a very busy day on the beach with lots of running and sprinting.

1x undersized trout - gold kastmaster spoon
    1x spot - sandflea fishbites
    3x whiting - sandflea fishbites and electric chicken fishbites
    1x small blue - gold kastmaster spoon
    15x bunker - gold kastmaster spoon and pink/white sting silver
    1x unknown - pink/white sting silver - I think it was a Spanish, lost it in the wash along with my lure

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

north or south beach

Quote Originally Posted by beachcaster View Post
    north or south beach
    Guess it would be south beach..the portion of the beach that’s for fishing only