Question: Replacement beach cart tires - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement beach cart tires

Fantastic , when i see the 19 inch size wheels it looks too big . Check the below pic , i think the 16.5 inch wheeleez are the best bet .

Attachment 61217

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by abass105 View Post
    Outside of my cart, the Wheeleez are the best investment I have made for surf fishing.

https://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-...4&d=1277733842

I just noticed something about your cart , did you move the axle up from where it was originally positioned and if so how is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by herb View Post
    I just noticed something about your cart , did you move the axle up from where it was originally positioned and if so how is it ?
    Yes, I did. I had a mount made so that the rear wheels would sit level with the front wheel. It is completely removeable so that I can replace the Wheeleez with the standard wheels when I want to go on the pier.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by abass105 View Post
    Yes, I did. I had a mount made so that the rear wheels would sit level with the front wheel. It is completely removeable so that I can replace the Wheeleez with the standard wheels when I want to go on the pier.

Are the Wheeleez not that good on hard surfaces because i have about 100 yards of pavement to walk before i get to the sand , sounds like you prefer the regular wheels for the hard ground.

Quote Originally Posted by herb View Post
    Are the Wheeleez not that good on hard surfaces because i have about 100 yards of pavement to walk before i get to the sand , sounds like you prefer the regular wheels for the hard ground.
    The Wheeleez are fine for pavement. Just a personal preference of mine. I actually have a Jr cart I use mostly for the pier that has the regular wheels on it.

If I ever have to buy a new set, I'm using the sand wheels for a jet ski cart.... bigger is better.

OK , my Wheeleez order came in , my God man these wheels are huge , i got the 16.5 inch wheels , first thing i noticed is how ridiculously lightweight they're compared to the regular pier cart tires . The axle is like 3 times thicker than the older axle also , should work well .

I was looking at the hub on the 16.5 inch wheels and 19 " inch wheels and if you ever wanted to switch to the bigger tires i believe it will work , the 19" tire retails for $114.00 without the hub , $167.00 a piece with the hub.

My cart would look beyond ridiculous with the 19" wheels , it looks crazy big with the 16.5 inch wheels .

Haven't tested it yet but looking forward to see if the hype is real .

I just wanted to put this out there so someone else doesn't make the same mistake as me..

I ordered a Fish-N-Mate Sr without the tires/axle and then bought Wheeleez 16.5 inch tires and the axle kit (BCK-42). Don't buy the kit with the 36" axle or else your tires will rub the frame. You need to buy the kit with the 40" axle, BCK-42XL, the 40" axle.

FYI...

I’m looking to put some 2” lift blocks on mine, maybe reservoir shocks. Going to be sweeeeet!

Well it turns out what i feared turned out to be true . I bought a low pressure gauge and measured the PSI in both tires, ( Never used yet) they showed a 1.5 PSI reading . I inflated using a hand pump to 2.5 PSI last night and upon checking this morning only one Wheeleez holds that 2.5 air pressure the other one does not and goes right back down to 1.5 PSI .

This was a post from late 2018 on another forum :

Wheeleez had great wheels, tires carts. Current their Valves are no good. Replaced several they all leak. Lucky if they hold 2lbs. Purchase several new tires and valves. Not worth the hassle. Even bought their pump and low pressure gauge. What a bunch of crap. Talk about no quality control on a product. My next wheels are coming with a tube so I can patch or replace them. They used to make great stuff.

Wheeleez had great wheels, tires carts. Current their Valves are no good. Replaced several they all leak. Lucky if they hold 2lbs. Purchase several new tires and valves. Not worth the hassle. Even bought their pump and low pressure gauge. What a bunch of crap. Talk about no quality control on a product. My next wheels are coming with a tube so I can patch or replace them. They used to make great stuff.

After reading this, I'm glad i bought 2 extra sets of tires about 10 years ago. Still on my first set......12 years old now.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyguy View Post
    I’m looking to put some 2” lift blocks on mine, maybe reservoir shocks. Going to be sweeeeet!
    Try tightening up the valve core.

We do the beach kayak shark fishing so you need a kart for all the gear. Everyone with the black tires are fine. I've heard of the orange and grey popping on the beach, the road and the pier. Especially with heavy loads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12