Striper fishing

Thread: Striper fishing

Striper fishing

So I have been fishing the piers and the pier closed. What fish bite during the winter months? I live at the ocean front with no kayak or boat, and I would love to get on some other fish other than trout and drum. I heard about striped bass fishing, so my question is, where can I go to catch them on land and what bait can I use? Can I throw out my 12 ft surf rod into the surf? Thank you all for any information.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

James river.... catfish lots of places on either side. Stripers from shore try the York or james rivers. You can also jig for tog along rock now till they move out as the water cools

Start posting in the Virginia forum you may get more hits. Get on Pacific Ave and take it all the way down away from the rudee bridge until it turns into Shore dr. And go to the new Lesner Bridge/lynnhaven inlet. High tide at night will produce schoolie striper, specks, puppy drum, and flounder in the bridge lights with small jigs. If boat traffic is low, throw a chunk of blue crab into the chanel during the day

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements