Question: Little Choptank next week

Thread: Little Choptank next week

Little Choptank next week

Well its that time of year for our family vacation down the shore. Staying on the Little Choptank River this year. First time staying down there and will be the furthest I've gone either fishing or crabbing this year, so was hoping to see if anybody has been down there lately? Curious to how the fishing has been so far. Of course going to take a trip or two to the Bill Burton pier. Thanks in advance and good fishing this weekend!

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I heard that Bill Burton pier was closed......

Bill burton is open 7am-sunset...lots of good size spot and a few white perch a couple weeks ago

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

DC, but I fish from SC to MD. Primarily saltwater, but I'm originally a freshwater fisherman from PA (Erie, Pymatuming, Raystown and all the rivers).
    Quote Originally Posted by R0b0 View Post
    Bill burton is open 7am-sunset...lots of good size spot and a few white perch a couple weeks ago
    That sucks!....when did they change the hours? After reading the thread, I googled the pier to find the new hours - Ugh...that bites.

About a year ago...all the lights on the pier are gone

Quote Originally Posted by R0b0 View Post
    About a year ago...all the lights on the pier are gone
    From what I believe its only a temporary change as they install new lights, but I'm not 100 percent sure

So spent the week down there last week and did some fishing from our pier and boat. Didn't head to Bill Burton this time around. Caught TONS of small spot and croaker. No perch, rockfish, or catfish. Just spot and croaker and nothing bigger than about 6 inches. Was a little disappointed in that outcome but otherwise had a great week. Our family consumed roughly 4 and a half bushels of crabs (and caught the majority) in a variety of ways. Steamed, fried, crab cakes, cream of crab, crab omelet, and finished the week off with some soft crab sandwiches. So all in all a great week on the water with the family.

The fishing not so good, but the food is great. That sounds like a good week to me.

Quote Originally Posted by light tackler View Post
    From what I believe its only a temporary change as they install new lights, but I'm not 100 percent sure
    There is no plan for putting up the lights on either side. As of now, DNR will kick everybody off the pier starting at 7:30pm (you must be out of there by 8:00pm). This may change soon as daylight is getting shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFish View Post
    There is no plan for putting up the lights on either side. As of now, DNR will kick everybody off the pier starting at 7:30pm (you must be out of there by 8:00pm). This may change soon as daylight is getting shorter.
    Man if that's the case that's a huge disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    The fishing not so good, but the food is great. That sounds like a good week to me.
    It sure was. Cant beat a week with family on the shore.