Pier and Surf Forum banner

Bbnwr surf temperatures!

Question: 
4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  geo 
#1 ·
According to the Army Engineer Pier at Duck,current surf water temperature id a frosty 57 degrees. No wonder there are no BBNWR reports! Another Arctic ,fishless weekend coming up I guess!

#4 ·
Nick, GOOGLE "Duck Army Pier"...onthe home page inthe right corner is a data inset with the water temp on the pier recorded...interesting that this morning's temp is 59 versus your info : a full 20 degs warmer. This upwelling of cold water, caused by predominately south west wind is a local phenomenon. Thanks for your response.

#12 ·
For what it's worth I have noticed that no matter the wind direction once you get a week or so into September the water always seems to be clear and warm. I don't know why but I have been down there mid September with a West wind and the water was almost tropical and crystal clear.

#17 ·
Any size to the pups? I caught two today back by pleasure house, both were around 14in. At least they were bigger than the ones I got a week or so ago (around 10in). I was thinking of trying BBNWR tomorrow morning with mullet I caught today, but my heaviest rod only throws 6oz.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.