Broadkill river

Thread: Broadkill river

Broadkill river

Me and dad had a hunch since spot in cape Henolopen pier pretty thick maybe they were in the river as well. Hunch was wrong we did catch a decent amount of small white perch and Croaker's with a few keepers mixed in so we did a meal each. Place is loaded with oyster crackers or toadfish as some people call them. That was a pain cuz both of us forgot our fast release tool. Fish hit well on incoming tide after it got close to high they slowed down.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I've been told that oyster toads are good to eat. Kind of like monk fish.

Ive stopped at the end of Oyster Rocks road to fish the Broadkill on a few trips. I like the idea of walking the sodbanks and throwing for flounder, stripers, or blues. But so far it's produced nothing for me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I have heard toadfish are good to eat also. It would have to be a very slow day for me to keep them though. I personally have never seen a legal striper caught there. About fifteen years ago my aunt caught a 22in flounder in there. I have caught a few short flounder in there. If you can time the spring blue run they get them there as well. Probably less crowded than the pier. Oh something I noticed. These saltwater white perch definitely have whiter meat. As I cleaned them I noticed meat was no ways near as dark as brackish water or freshwater perch