Surf Report: Dam Neck - 31 July

Thread: Dam Neck - 31 July

Dam Neck - 31 July

Fished from 445-1030 this morning and was more of an improvement from the weekend and no strong current. As soon as the sun started coming up, schools of bait started pushing through and the bluefish blitz was on. Quickly changed from soaking cut mullet to a pink and white sting silver. Managed 3 blues, 1 undersized trout. Caught 2 whiting (1 not pictured) on sandflea fish bites as well. Wish I had brought my cast net because bait was getting pushed all the way up to the shoreline. Around 9ish it appeared another blitz was coming, dolphins pushed back into the area up to about 15 yds from the shore and saw some Spanish jumping but that quickly died off. After that the bite turned completely off.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

nice!

Nice catch!

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I have a damneck fishing question. Ive been a few times to damneck and since Im now retired I plan on a lot more trips. I only know the damneck rd entrance, turn right going past the camp grounds and parking behind navy housing then walking to the beach. I know general booth has a gate entrance but I wouldn't have a clue where to go from there. Any input to another way to the beach would be appreciated .

Ive only come through the main gate on dam Neck road but I don’t park behind any navy housing. I park behind the big nav sea training center building with the giant flag pole in front of it. The back of the parking lot has immediate access to the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by beachcaster View Post
    I have a damneck fishing question. Ive been a few times to damneck and since Im now retired I plan on a lot more trips. I only know the damneck rd entrance, turn right going past the camp grounds and parking behind navy housing then walking to the beach. I know general booth has a gate entrance but I wouldn't have a clue where to go from there. Any input to another way to the beach would be appreciated .
    there is another gate on the south end but only open for emergencies

Sweet!!!! Great report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishlife View Post
    Fished from 445-1030 this morning and was more of an improvement from the weekend and no strong current. As soon as the sun started coming up, schools of bait started pushing through and the bluefish blitz was on. Quickly changed from soaking cut mullet to a pink and white sting silver. Managed 3 blues, 1 undersized trout. Caught 2 whiting (1 not pictured) on sandflea fish bites as well. Wish I had brought my cast net because bait was getting pushed all the way up to the shoreline. Around 9ish it appeared another blitz was coming, dolphins pushed back into the area up to about 15 yds from the shore and saw some Spanish jumping but that quickly died off. After that the bite turned completely off.