Assateague

Thread: Assateague

Assateague

We're planning a beach outing next Saturday at Assateague. I fished there last September and had a blast catching sand sharks. I appreciate any advice on what's biting. We're coming from Annapolis

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Sharks, rays, flies, kingfish, flounder, typical stuff. Maybe a wandering pompano. I caught some there around this time last year, the water is certainly warm enough this year.

DC, but I fish from SC to MD. Primarily saltwater, but I'm originally a freshwater fisherman from PA (Erie, Pymatuming, Raystown and all the rivers).
    I stayed there overnight on the 14th (?), arriving around 11pm and fishing until about 5am...lots of small whiting.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Whiting were biting real good on fishbites bloodworms back in June. I assume they still are.

DC, but I fish from SC to MD. Primarily saltwater, but I'm originally a freshwater fisherman from PA (Erie, Pymatuming, Raystown and all the rivers).
    I love being at Assateague. I can't say that it's the fishing. I always tent out...and I'm never in the tent. I always fish overnight. I don't do great. However, the visual, the sound...the loneliness...it all adds up to a great adventure. It's about as alone as I've been able to get/be in the U.S. The morning bite is good. Better than the nighttime bite. l need technique, but it is what it is...

Please let me know when any of you guys will hit hte beach and I will try to meet you there. Love...Love...LOVE being in the darkesss of Assateague.