Anyone fished this weekend?

Thread: Anyone fished this weekend?

Anyone fished this weekend?

I know. It was hot as crap. I went through 20 bottled water during the day.

I fished in IRI yesterday from 6:30am-5:30pm and looked for flounder without success (dropped one and something took my line for a short ride but spit the hook.). A flounder tourney (mostly boater participants) didn't help matters as they stayed in one area; right in front of me of course.
    There were ALOT of boats out there. I saw only 2 keeper landed and 4 TB.

Anyway, before heading home, I made a stop on the pier and picked up bunch of spot. One could have filled their cooler easily if they wanted to. I kept 18 for few meals in a little over an hour of fishing (dropped a bunch too). The bite was non-stop. They were not that big but good enough for few meals. I also released 2 weakies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Nice report. Thanks!

Hardcore.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFish View Post
    I know. It was hot as crap. I went through 20 bottled water during the day.

I fished in IRI yesterday from 6:30am-5:30pm and looked for flounder without success (dropped one and something took my line for a short ride but spit the hook.). A flounder tourney (mostly boater participants) didn't help matters as they stayed in one area; right in front of me of course.
    There were ALOT of boats out there. I saw only 2 keeper landed and 4 TB.

Anyway, before heading home, I made a stop on the pier and picked up bunch of spot. One could have filled their cooler easily if they wanted to. I kept 18 for few meals in a little over an hour of fishing (dropped a bunch too). The bite was non-stop. They were not that big but good enough for few meals. I also released 2 weakies.
    Went with Eugene to Point lookout Friday evening (July 19th). Ran into a bunch of spot and a few small croakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Big E View Post
    Went with Eugene to Point lookout Friday evening (July 19th). Ran into a bunch of spot and a few small croakers.
    Can you please tell that BUM we missed his ugly face??? FB and I thought he got kidnapped by aliens. We always wonder how he's doing.