Question: Where in Delaware this week?

Thread: Where in Delaware this week?

Where in Delaware this week?

Hello, all.

My family is having a get together in the DC area this week and my son and I want to nip over to the salty and do some ocean fishing. We've had memorable fishing at the Indian River Inlet years ago when he was in high school. He's now a wildlife biologist, currently working in northwest Ohio, so he'd like to get into some good saltwater fish.

Any advice is welcome! Do we need a license?

thanks!

Joe

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Inlander View Post
    Hello, all.

My family is having a get together in the DC area this week and my son and I want to nip over to the salty and do some ocean fishing. We've had memorable fishing at the Indian River Inlet years ago when he was in high school. He's now a wildlife biologist, currently working in northwest Ohio, so he'd like to get into some good saltwater fish.

Any advice is welcome! Do we need a license?

thanks!

Joe
    I just went there yesterday.

Yes you need a license. Pick up a bag of BW and BWFB and head to Cape Henlopen pier. Your son will have a BLAST catching spot on lite tackle. Try to go towards the end of the pier facing the Cape may ferry.
    IRI was a little slow yesterday and I'm sure the heat had a lot to do with it. Watch for the wind direction. If it's a west wind, forget surf fishing. The greenheads will swarm you to death..