Question: pin rig jeanettes pier - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pin rig jeanettes pier

Quote Originally Posted by Jollymon View Post
    Ha it may not be a reel , Nick has donated a rod so that maybe the prize
    Yes there is a reel because it was not awarded for the winning fish in 2018.. A Bluefish..Because no Drum were caught that day..Sorry but a winner is a winner. The administrator of the Tournment seems to always move the goalposts. Can't help that no Drum were caught during a Drum Tourney... IMHO it's a bit early to have a Drum Tourney anyway... The 1305 was bartered out..
    Last edited by DaBig2na; 07-24-2019 at 08:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DaBig2na View Post
    Yes there is a reel because it was not awarded for the winning fish in 2018.. A Bluefish..Because no Drum were caught that day..Sorry but a winner is a winner. The administrator of the Tournment seems to always move the goalposts. Can't help that no Drum were caught during a Drum Tourney... IMHO it's a bit early to have a Drum Tourney anyway... The 1305 was bartered out..
    The reel was returned to the shop it came from, Yes it is really to early for drum but it is what it is ,

Seanb this drama they speak of isnt for all to deal with jp is a long pier with plenty of room for everyone lots of piles and kids hav a blast if you need help everyone is there... look for me ill be the cool one near the end

Jolly, i won't make the tournament. Will be heading home that day. Last couple of years we have been trying to move our time back. We want to go the last week of Sept. and the first week of Oct. We really like the place we stay and so does everyone else. You have a week from the time you leave to reserve it for the following year. After the week it goes back to open availability. We have been telling them if anyone doesn't reserve the first week of Oct. to move us into it.

There was an Avon Pier Drum Tournament that the only fish landed in the 3 days was a slot puppy Drum caught by Joe Mullet. I was entered in that particular tournament and believe me it was pretty lame feeling sitting around on Sunday Afternoon speaking with other dejected DrumPros about the lack of wind and current and baitfish in the mud brown water. Back then the Pier stayed open all night and after spending all night without a run, well it makes you feel rather Dumb....
    At that time 100% of the entry fees to Avon went to the contestants.
    Joe Mullet donated 100% of his winnings to a disabled child on Hatteras....Joe Mullet's Memorial Tournament is called the MAN. The MAN interim Directors made the decision to keep $$$ out the most prestigious Drum Tournament which has been going on for the last 30 years.

Evidently Jennettes Pier Tourney favors the sponsors more than the contestants. Surprising that the Tackle Shop did not invite Kyle to come pick up the reel afterwards. Kyle got jacked If the entrance fees were not refunded why in the world would the prizes be not distributed. The Tackle Shop got the recognition for being a Sponsor, Kyle on the other hand got jacked Which reminds me of when that tall Redhead from Avalon jacked DD by 1/2" in the Billy Sydnor Memorial Drum Tournament.

Been plenty of years when the last two weeks of September were loaded up with schools of Drum, as well as a few when the 1st Drum do not show up until second week of Oct. Depends on the wind.
    Last edited by Garboman; 07-25-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrymanz View Post
    Seanb this drama they speak of isnt for all to deal with jp is a long pier with plenty of room for everyone lots of piles and kids hav a blast if you need help everyone is there... look for me ill be the cool one near the end

I'll look for ya as I tend to gravitate toward the end of any pier. Maybe I can swap a few beers for some fishing tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean B View Post
    I'll look for ya as I tend to gravitate toward the end of any pier. Maybe I can swap a few beers for some fishing tips?
    2na loves free beer.. I will be out Fri sat and some of Sunday... Bring Gotcha rod and Bucktail rod.. Warm clear water is expected this weekend with the NE wind that is forecasted

I get started real early.. fishin not drinkin i love that free bait

2na loves free beer.. I will be out Fri sat and some of Sunday... Bring Gotcha rod and Bucktail rod.. Warm clear water is expected this weekend with the NE wind that is forecasted
    I rarely get to fish the ocean... so much so that I have to ask what the difference is between those two rods. I have big fish rods and small fish rods.

Quote Originally Posted by 1badf350 View Post
    not like these new rules just fell out of the sky. The bucktailers earned their restrictions by camping out and throwing on pin rig baits.
    Now they are the ones crying and i think it’s hilarious.
    It’s a matter of being courteous and respectful to fellow fishermen.
    You guys know i’m easy to get along with and will share a bait with anyone. The situation of throwing in the baits is where i have a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12