Pier and Surf Forum banner

Opinions on a beach truck

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  longisland 
#1 ·
Probably going to get a 4x4 for the beach mainly ft Fisher and topsail...the truck will be solely for the beach not a daily driver so I was thinking of going stock full-size g.m so I’d really just like some thoughts on what is better equipped stock suburban/tahoe or avalanche? Only reason I leave out Silverado is because ppl want gold for them around here lol thanks in advance

#2 ·
Which ever looks the best with rust.. all about the same, ride height, weight, the suburban weighs a little more but they do fine if you air down like anything else you would drive on with. Find one with a tow package that has a transmission cooler.

#8 ·
would like to add that I do have an 03 envoy with 4x4 that I just assumed wouldn’t be great on the sand but after looking at ground clearance specs it only has half and inch less clearance than a tahoe...anyone have or heard any experiences with these stock?

#10 ·
I have E rated tires, which means 10 ply and so far have been wonderful. Although I will admit I was worried about it at first. Have been in some soft spots and floated on through with them. The point this last spring and the north end ramp AI Va this summer. Ended up with the 10 ply because Michelin's only come in the defenders now with the heavy side wall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.