CTS 1305 For Sale
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: CTS 1305 For Sale

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    20

    CTS 1305 For Sale

    New CTS 1305 Mississippi Gold for sale . Rod has never been fished or cast.

    Ended up with another one and dont need two

    Titanium Guides, Fuji Reel Seat

    Price $400.00 Local Pick Up

    Will ship for additional $50.00 after receipt of payment via paypal
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Welcome N.C.
    Posts
    117
    Where you located

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Hampton va
    Posts
    950
    What's the but to center of seat? Also is the first guide a 30 or 25?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    20
    Burlington, nc area......reel seat to butt 31 1/4....stripper guide is a 25

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,165
    Who built this rod?

    Thanks

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    20
    Garbo Its one of the last few rods Bryan Lester built before leaving the Red Drum

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,082
    Is the ring material alconite or SIC...don't think its torzite?

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    20
    They are American Tackle Duralite

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    20
    Price drop to $350.00

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NC 252
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina238 View Post
    Price drop to $350.00
    If Nick can't get me a red 1305 blank on his most current order .... he will let me know tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday )..
    I'll take it.. I will have a red 1306 built later.

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Posts
    60
    $350 is a SMOKING deal for this rod. I just had a 1305 built and it the best surf rod I have ever handled. You will not be able to get one built for $350 - I wish I would have saw this before I had my 1305 built.

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NC 252
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by animalbarrie View Post
    $350 is a SMOKING deal for this rod. I just had a 1305 built and it the best surf rod I have ever handled. You will not be able to get one built for $350 - I wish I would have saw this before I had my 1305 built.
    Mike I'll take it

    Animal, I'm buying this one but when my red one is done I will probaly let it go.
    Last edited by DaBig2na; 07-23-2019 at 05:28 PM.

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBig2na View Post
    If Nick can't get me a red 1305 blank on his most current order .... he will let me know tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday )..
    I'll take it.. I will have a red 1306 built later.
    Have you felt the difference between the 1305 and 1306? I had Nick build mine and when I was looking at the two blanks I decided to go 1305. The 1306 was SIGNIFICANTLY stiffer than the 1305. But the 1305 is still pretty stiff and is a better rod if you are going to be in the sand. If you are only going to fish piers than a 1306 could work, but the 1305 is a little more versatile.

  16. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NC 252
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by animalbarrie View Post
    Have you felt the difference between the 1305 and 1306? I had Nick build mine and when I was looking at the two blanks I decided to go 1305. The 1306 was SIGNIFICANTLY stiffer than the 1305. But the 1305 is still pretty stiff and is a better rod if you are going to be in the sand. If you are only going to fish piers than a 1306 could work, but the 1305 is a little more versatile.
    Yes I have cast them and fished them both.. The way I see them is the 05 is a better beach rod and is more sensitive I like the fight better on the 05 as well.The 06 is a better pier rod especially if your needing to throw 10. My 1509s will be fine until I have an 06 built for the piers.

    Watched Biker Ricky ( Lil Stubby) break 575' with an 05 and a stock Fathom 12 with 8ounces at one of Tommys casting tourney last early Spring....Joker wasn't far behind either. My timing was way off and I sucked that day.

    Garbo has a 1307 that I've not cast yet but you will have to be a Bad Ass to Load it.
    .Guess Garbo is. Bad Ass
    Last edited by DaBig2na; 07-23-2019 at 05:43 PM.

  17. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Burlington N.C.
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBig2na View Post
    Yes I have cast them and fished them both.. The way I see them is the 05 is a better beach rod and is more sensitive I like the fight better on the 05 as well.The 06 is a better pier rod especially if your needing to throw 10. My 1509s will be fine until I have an 06 built for the piers.

    Watched Biker Ricky ( Lil Stubby) break 575' with an 05 and a stock Fathom 12 with 8ounces at one of Tommys casting tourney last early Spring....Joker wasn't far behind either. My timing was way off and I sucked that day.

    Garbo has a 1307 that I've not cast yet but you will have to be a Bad Ass to Load it.
    .Guess Garbo is. Bad Ass
    Lil Stubby was 617'1" and mine was 574'10". Bad part about it was he out cast me with my own stuff. He said one day when I grow up I'll be as good as him and Garbo.

  18. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NC 252
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Lil Stubby was 617'1" and mine was 574'10". Bad part about it was he out cast me with my own stuff. He said one day when I grow up I'll be as good as him and Garbo.
    Thanks Joker I couldn't remember the exact distances .. and also he borrowed line from me..I think if I'd have had Garbo's 1307 I'd have smoked both of ya!

  19. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBig2na View Post
    Yes I have cast them and fished them both.. The way I see them is the 05 is a better beach rod and is more sensitive I like the fight better on the 05 as well.The 06 is a better pier rod especially if your needing to throw 10. My 1509s will be fine until I have an 06 built for the piers.

    Watched Biker Ricky ( Lil Stubby) break 575' with an 05 and a stock Fathom 12 with 8ounces at one of Tommys casting tourney last early Spring....Joker wasn't far behind either. My timing was way off and I sucked that day.

    Garbo has a 1307 that I've not cast yet but you will have to be a Bad Ass to Load it.
    .Guess Garbo is. Bad Ass
    I need some casting lessons - I am only hitting 350 - 400'. I also think I need my reel seats to be moved up to 35" though. Enjoy the 1305 - Bryan is a good guy, hooked me up with some nice mullet last time I was in Buxton.

  20. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Lil Stubby was 617'1" and mine was 574'10". Bad part about it was he out cast me with my own stuff. He said one day when I grow up I'll be as good as him and Garbo.
    I did not know that Lil Stubby was Ricky, and 617 with 8 ounces is no joke............except on Joker with his own rod

    I guess there is a lot I do not know, good to see that Brian's Stick will be in good hands, for $350 it is a bargain.

    I am thinking about Century's at the moment, there is a decent exchange rate going on which has driven down the prices.

    I guess Tuna will have to get Nick to Build a Rod that better compares to way Brian Builds them
    Last edited by Garboman; 07-24-2019 at 11:56 AM.

  21. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NC 252
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by animalbarrie View Post
    I need some casting lessons - I am only hitting 350 - 400'. I also think I need my reel seats to be moved up to 35" though. Enjoy the 1305 - Bryan is a good guy, hooked me up with some nice mullet last time I was in Buxton.
    Unless you're seven feet tall you don't need a 35" reel seat placement IMHO. A few critiques from Tommy Farmer and Longcaster helped me greatly. I still have a few bad habits that rear their ugly head from time to time. I can't speak for Tommy on whether he will have time to teach you a few things when he is fishing. However, he is the kind of guy that if you're on the beach when he is, you can always approach him. I think once you spend time with a good teacher and find your own groove youll better understand.

    Yes Bryan and his entire family are GoodPeople!.. I really enjoy the time I get to spend with them on the beach. His Youngest Gavin is hilarious and his wife Michelle is a Saint.
    Last edited by DaBig2na; 07-24-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •