Question: rose haven memorial park- AA county

Thread: rose haven memorial park- AA county

rose haven memorial park- AA county

I'm headed to a wedding july 4th weekend at herrington harbor, and figured I would do some fishing while in the area. I'm not trying to pay for the poorly rated north beach pier, so I found this park as a possible option. Has anyone done any fishing here? I'm thinking of soaking bait for striper, cats, perch, etc. Also thought about bringing the kayak, and going towards the jetties over by the marina, trying for rockfish at first light. Any thoughts/advice? Feel free to PM me. Thanks.
    https://www.aacounty.org/locations-a...-memorial-park

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Let me know! You might call and see if it's OK to fish, it may not be. If fishing is allowed, I may head down, as it is only a few miles from me.

The site says "please observe MD fishing regulations" so I'm guessing that fishing is permitted. I'm pretty confident that you can't fish from shore on the herrington harbor property, so that's why I plan to bring the kayak and fish around the jetty and other docks in the area. Report back if you make the trip, shelties!

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

reviving this thread as I begin packing for my trip next week. Anyone have information on the area to share? I was told to prepare to catch a lot of Ray's if I'm soaking bait

Get some small shad darts,tip them with pieces of blood worm and cast to the rocks and dock pilings for perch.

Quote Originally Posted by timekeeper View Post
    Get some small shad darts,tip them with pieces of blood worm and cast to the rocks and dock pilings for perch.
    thanks! figured they should be around. salinity is low so probably no spot or croaker yet

Quote Originally Posted by Ajv5148 View Post
    thanks! figured they should be around. salinity is low so probably no spot or croaker yet
    Unless you get in the water it's hard to do that however the water is real shallow there so it can be done around to the right I'm going to try that one day but behind a popping cork , that triples casting distance and noise attracts fish
    It's a great location for a kayak single pontoon dingy or such get around that right corner and there is great perch fishing not much else , not to say a strangler might venture in there but not the norm anywhere in that area ,

Quote Originally Posted by 9 rock View Post
    It's a great location for a kayak single pontoon dingy or such get around that right corner and there is great perch fishing not much else , not to say a strangler might venture in there but not the norm anywhere in that area ,

thanks 9! based off Google maps i thought those docks looked real "perchy" so I'm taking the kayak. also going to throw some top water poppers near the stone jetty to the left of the park at first light. hoping a few rockfish are around

thanks 9! based off Google maps i thought those docks looked real "perchy" so I'm taking the kayak. also going to throw some top water poppers near the stone jetty to the left of the park at first light. hoping a few rockfish are around
    You never know , but I'd head right there is definitely perch and spot around as there were a number of boats out there off the point towards the 3leg marker but you don't have to go way out there , drag a white Beatle Spinners as your paddling

Quote Originally Posted by 9 rock View Post
    You never know , but I'd head right there is definitely perch and spot around as there were a number of boats out there off the point towards the 3leg marker but you don't have to go way out there , drag a white Beatle Spinners as your paddling

thanks for the tips. hopin for good weather and a good trip

It's well after the fact, but how'd it go?

Were you able to determine whether the jetties that extend into Herring Bay are accessible to shore anglers? I'm curious...

My apologies for not reporting back. The jetties are definitely not accessible for shore anglers, but definitely accessible by kayak. I went to the right and fished the docks. Did ok on white perch, but not as good as one would think. Worth fishing if you're local, but not worth driving for in my opinion. Thanks to those who gave advice!