Pier and Surf Forum banner

My beach ride

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  redfishnc 
#1 ·
Any thoughts on anything i might need to add or rethink?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Jollymon, i picked up the carrier at wally world several years ago. The rails did not come on it. They are made just for that carrier. i just replaced all the bolts and painted it, along with a few more modifications. The Yeti is attached by turn buckles and locks. It allows easy access and keeps it from moving. I figure it will keep people honest if i'm not close by but if someone really wants it they will get it no matter what you do.

#7 ·
I put a leveling kit on my a week and a half ago. 2.5 inches in the front and 1 inch in the rear. Running about the same height tire but it’s 2 inches wider. 33x12.50 on it now. Just about a half hour ago Mama climbed in it for the first time. I don’t think she loved it but she didn’t hate it either. Her biggest concern is chipping a toenail in her flip flops. BTW I like your ride. I go a little over board. 9 plus hours to Nags Head so I bring everything I have.

#8 ·
Just bought a 06 Tocoma. Went ahead and bought almost everything for it inbound now. 2 inch lift, 265/75/16s ATs already had a topper on it so using that to add all my stuff to.
Fixing up the truck then we got to get busy learning how to surf fish. Mama loves the beach, this was her idea, shes paying for the truck I just get to customize the crap out of it. :)
Elizabeth City just joined the forum so tons of questions . BTW Mama is short at 5.3 but we have running boards and all she wears is flip flops. running boards help. :)

#9 · (Edited)
Just bought a 06 Tocoma. Went ahead and bought almost everything for it inbound now. 2 inch lift, 265/75/16s ATs already had a topper on it so using that to add all my stuff to.
Fixing up the truck then we got to get busy learning how to surf fish. Mama loves the beach, this was her idea, shes paying for the truck I just get to customize the crap out of it.

Elizabeth City just joined the forum so tons of questions . BTW Mama is short at 5.3 but we have running boards and all she wears is flip flops. running boards help.
that size tire will fit with no lift if you are interested in saving the money, and a highway tire is better for sand if the beach will be the only off road you do. Also not a problem but something you should be aware of if your not. You need to wash the underside of your truck after driving on the beach, I use a lawn sprinkler for this. Yotas are notorious for frame rot, and had a big time lawsuits on the first and second gen trucks. Many owners had full frame replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.